The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by drofnad

1. D

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

That's size, but do you go w/2 M43s, G9 married to 40-150, & EM1 to ... ?
  2. D

Is this the lens that will save Olympus?

Unlike THIS guy, who even has "Olympus" on his shirt. www.dpreview.com/articles/9921022118/hands-on-olympus-150-400mm-f4-5-tc1-25x (-;
  3. D

The S5 is coming, full specs

> it's slightly smaller than the G9. > The lenses will mostly be bigger of course, The top-down view shows the most difference, of course with the G9's display, but note the difference in grip widths --I suppose the G9's thicker one is enabled by smaller lenses.
  4. D

Lumix Ambassador Annie GRIFFITHS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBi--_OdndY After reading of her in a local mag., I investigated, and she shows some lovely things (in various videos). As best I could judge by images, she started with Nat. Geographic w/Nikon, then shows up w/Canon, then Nikon again (? : the gold-lettered strap...
  5. D

Re GetDPI Continuation: 2 B or Not 2 b

??? Doug, the point of the 4 posts I made (to 4 forums) was to alert people to the ONE ongoing thread in the Site forum. Not everyone had paid attention to the global notice in the top banner. -d.
  6. D

Re GetDIP Continuation : 2 B or Not 2 B

For those who like me can miss top-banner important info, I thought I'd post a notice here re grave news re this forum. As one would expect, many regulars don't want to take this lying down --see the thread in Site forum. :)
  7. D

GetDPI Continuation : To Be or Not To Be!?

For those who like me can miss top-banner important info, I thought I'd post a notice here re grave news re this forum. As one would expect, many regulars don't want to take this lying down --see the thread in Site forum. :)
  8. D

Re GetDPI Continuation: 2 B or Not 2 b

9. D

NB : Discussion of GetDPI Continuation!

10. D

Fun with Olympus EM1.3

I haven't seen much chatter about the 50-200, which is something I consider would complement & arguably replace my 30-100/2.8 (which I like). What led you to swap? (Of course, the 12-40 is good, though it seems some might favor the 12-100 (this would overlap my lenses's reaches), but then so...
  11. D

The lens is back?!! --stepping into 75/1.8 territory, too! :)
  12. D

Best : the mirroraculous marriage of the self & soulmate(s) between, just seen! :)
  13. D

High ISO and Panasonic S1r vs S1

I recall some remarks a long time ago from two users of, resp. Canon 1Ds & 5D(1) and Nikon D3X & D700, where each remarked that downsizing the larger-resolution (21/24mpx) files to match the (12mpx) smaller ones gained not only better noise handling but improved sharpness as well --the one...
  14. D

Olympus lens development announcements

But the 4.5/150-400 IS "Pro" --isn't that closEnuff? -d.
  15. D

General thoughts about S1 and/or S1R

Ha, GREAT!! I'd just logged in upon seeing a B&H "refurbished" offer to alert you to! Indeed, the B&H offers at 50% (the refurb deal a tad better !) have that laxative effect. :D (A fine example of good "luck" coming to one who had done so much research as to be ready to jump!) (-;