The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Duddingston

1. Duddingston

Cambo Actus, thoughts, experience, or regrets

Hi Ray, Where can I find a Leaf back and how much should I pay for one ? Are there any other backs out there that will do the job at a reasonable price ? Thanks Mike
  2. Duddingston

Hi Ray, I don't want to spend a bucket load of cash ! I am at the moment inclined to go down the route of leaf credo which I can't find but have seen a lead a leaf Actus for sale. What I want is the cheapest second hand digital back that works and I'll buy a copal lens to go with it. After all I...
  3. Duddingston

A man after my own heart !!! Yes taking photos now is all about technology - damn this world we live !!!!
  4. Duddingston

Hi Warren, I've been so absorbed all afternoon with this issue I have forgotten to go and pick up my dog from the vets ! I will now certainly be in the dog house with him. ! I am not poor but I have to justify if only to myself how much I spend on my self as I have other pre-occupations like the...
  5. Duddingston

Hi Ray again It has been suggested to me one way forward might be to buy a Fuji GFX 50 or some such other medium format camera and stick it on the Cambo. Do you have a view on that idea ? Michel
  6. Duddingston

Hi Ray, Firstly you have the situation pretty much as is. I bought the fire wire cable to use my Hasselblad back with the Cambo but apparently I can't do that. In my effort to connect the fire wire to my PC I have bought a fire wire to thunderbolt 2 adapter which doesn't connect to my PC. It...
  7. Duddingston

Thanks for the response but most of what you have written has gone completely over my head !!! Let me give you some background ..... I was a professional a (successful) professional photographer before I went into farming. later divorced and now in exile in France where I have built a studio...
  8. Duddingston

Hi Guys, I used to be a professional photographer now just a pensioner going senile. I bought what I thought was a Cambo Actus DB off Ebay, turns out it is a Chinese copy. I have been told one route to go down to get up and running is to buy a mirrorless 6x9 camera, put the camera on the back...
  9. Duddingston

DimWit !!!

I am by most measures a Dim wit. In days of old I was a highly successful professional photographer with private plane and homes abroad. Now retired and living in France having had to go into exile due to a divorce I have recently built myself a photo studio in a barn above my stables. My first...