The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by f8orbust

1. F

CNC Machinist learning with medium format camera build

Ah, so he did. Quite like the camera design, but hate the 3D printing. Should look great CNC'd. Couple of interesting/relevant links, assuming I've got the lens right this time: Link 1 and Link 2
  2. F

I guess the question is, when the OP says a ' Mamiya 65mm lens' - which Mamiya 65mm lens is he referring to? If it's not one designed to fit the RB (which, thinking about it, I guess it isn't or you'd just use an RB), then which one is it? I just assumed it was.
  3. F

If you look at an RB67 Pro S body you can see that the flange distance is waaaaay more than 43.5mm. In this PDF from Mamiya (link), on page 2 (section 1) it states that: Furthermore, the flange back (distance of the lens mount to film plane) has been reduced by the same amount (from 111 mm on...
  4. F

New to MF digital with 100mp camera - benefits of big/heavy tripod, given electronic shutter?

If you want to get even close to resolving the MP of your high-res camera (whether small format, MF or whatever) in terms of 'real' data you need to use a tripod. A large tripod. A large tripod with a sturdy head. A large tripod with a sturdy head and weighted down. A large tripod with a sturdy...
  5. F

What Scam Techniques have you seen?

Yup, never use PayPal F&F or any equivalent 'cash' transfer service. I've always found that asking lots of questions soon roots out the scammer from the genuine seller. Particularly technical questions. Or irritating ones like asking for a RAW file from (e.g.) the camera so you can check the...
  6. F

Cambo Viewfinders

I've never used the A/S finder but always thought that it looked like a great solution to the viewfinder problem, and optically it's reputed to be top notch. Another great design by the late Martin Vogt I suspect.
  7. F

Cambo Viewfinders

Oh yes, my bad - I meant the 580 - didn't know there was a second viewfinder so take my comment with a pinch of salt, the 1080 may well be a different beast altogether.
  8. F

Cambo Viewfinders

Yup, I'll second that - the WRS-1080 WRS-580 made my eye water (literally) when I used it, it was that bad - IIWY I'd try and find a Linhof or Alpa viewfinder and adapt it to mount on your Cambo.
  9. F

Making a custom Alpa-Hasselblad V film adapter. Can you take some measurements for me please?

This is info supplied by Alpa to someone on GetDPI / LuLa (IIRC) (and used to be on their old website too I think - but could be wrong) so I'm just re-presenting something already in the public domain. Anyway, as long as the stated dimensions are preserved, anyone could come up with their own...
  10. F

Making a custom Alpa-Hasselblad V film adapter. Can you take some measurements for me please?

It's companies that produce knock offs for financial gain that are the real pariahs.
  11. F

A bit of a grey area I suspect - does your design add enough to differentiate it significantly from the original, and thus not infringe any patent (if such a patent exists). My guess is, no it probably doesn't. What you could do, is buy this one from eBay, and then when you receive it file a...
  12. F

Alpa Linhof backs

I always found the 'legacy' section useful, but on the new site it doesn't appear to have been populated with anything yet. Or I can't get it to work. Functionally, I suspect the new site plays much better with the plethora of devices folks browse the internet on these days. But overall, I'm...
  13. F

sold! 28mm super digitar xl with center filter.

Well, you live and learn don't you? Never in a million years would I have thought to look on the classified section of eBay for a lens like this. A bit like looking on Craigslist for a Bugatti Veyron.
  14. F

How is Actar 120 compared to Schneider Apo Digitar 120 N / M / ASPH ?

The 120 Asph is a stellar performer (I believe it's still in production for use in cultural heritage applications, which shows you just how good it is). But to be fair, the M and N are no slouches either. A Cambo dealer might be able to help you out in terms of the performance of the Actar 120...
  15. F

sold! 28mm super digitar xl with center filter.

All's well that ends well (y) (And for 1750 euros with the center filter it ended amazingly well for someone out there - you don't have another one do you ;)).