The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by f8orbust

1. F

ALPA 12 Pano going back into production

Yeah, I saw this on the Linhof and Studio webiste. As much as I love the stuff Alpa makes, I roll my eyes at the price: £8.2k + VAT = £9.8k or US$12k.
  2. F

Adapter ring to mount the Rodenstock 32mm CF (86x1mm) to the Schneider 28XL (86x0.75mm) lens?

I'd probably contact the eBay seller since it says they're in Germany and yet Germany is on the excluded shipping list - along with most other EU countries. Probably the listing is just goofed up since other similar items from the same seller don't appear to have the same restrictions, which...
  3. F

Adapter ring to mount the Rodenstock 32mm CF (86x1mm) to the Schneider 28XL (86x0.75mm) lens?

Ignore the picture in this link since it doesn't seem to refer to the actual product described, but if you combined this with the adapter highlighted by anyone, then it should (in theory) work - i.e. anyone's adapter would allow you to mount the R/S CF, and then the adapter I mention here would...
  4. F

Because of the way the S/K CF attaches to the 'outside' of the 28 (which I've never seen on any other lens) I think it would be hard to find an off the shelf solution to adapt a different CF. An adapter like the H&Y Revoring might work because it attaches via friction rather than a thread (but...
  5. F

Is it worth buying the Schneider Super Digitar 28XL without CF?

It's such a fantastic lens (on many, but not all DBs) that a lack of CF wouldn't necessarily put me off. The correct CF has an internal thread (you have to remove the front ring on the lens to fit it) in order to get the CF close to the lens, so it's different from the other CFs available for...
  6. F

Jobo ATL2500 refurbished

Is this for free ?
  7. F

Solidarity with Ukraine

I've just been reading about the economic sanctions that are coming Russia's way and they are, quite frankly, staggering. Especially those targeting its central bank and sovereign wealth funds, which will make it almost impossible for Russia to prop up its rapidly depreciating currency. So...
  8. F

Solidarity with Ukraine

Having read the posts above I've got to say it's pretty disheartening seeing such amateurish historical discourse regurgitated ad nauseum in order to justify the actions of a paranoid brutal dictator who, along with his cronies, has hijacked an entire country for his own person aggrandisement...
  9. F

Solidarity with Ukraine

And BTW, Putin doesn't care about NATO. That's simply a false flag around which he can muster nationalist sentiment. All he cares about is himself. Which means all he really cares about is keeping democracy at bay.
  10. F

Solidarity with Ukraine

Ukraine is a democracy. IF it wants to join the EU, that's it's choice. IF it wants to join NATO, that's it's choice. It's not up for debate. It just isn't. If you believe in democracy, freedom of expression, the right to free speech, the right to freedom of thought, then your support for...
  11. F

Solidarity with Ukraine

Putin's actions are indefensible. Just like his murder of political opponents in the UK with Polonium and Novichok is indefensible. Just like the murder or repression of any dissenting voices within Russia is indefensible. He has a completely twisted world view, and a complete lack of any...
  12. F

Has anyone swapped Arca Swiss quickset device from classic to flip lock or vice versa?

The threadlocker that's applied to the screw in the factory (maybe the red variety ? can't remember). If you want to reapply it - always a good idea in use cases like this - I'd use the blue one. Can stop the screw from turning, but the seal can be broken with hand tools. Just don't apply too much.
  13. F

Has anyone swapped Arca Swiss quickset device from classic to flip lock or vice versa?

When I swapped out the A/S clamp for a RRS one I used a BBQ lighter to heat the screw. Protected the plate with aluminium foil and just made a small hole in it so the flame could touch the screw head. Only took a minute or so IIRC.
  14. F

Converting electronic shutter lens to copal 0 mechanical?

For the shims SK Grimes might be able to help (even if it's just pointing you in the right direction), or there are companies like this.