The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by faberryman

1. F

Help needed please.

How about you just stop using one of your camera systems? You choose which one. Nobody can help you decide. The last thing you need is a new camera.
  2. F

Nikon Z lens roadmap

Why would you despise anyone? They just don't know anything about cameras. No need to waste your valuable time responding to them. Someone else will help them out.
  3. F

M10 Monochrome

Let's retire this ridiculous phrase.
  4. F

M10 Monochrome

Why would you need two or three modified Sony's in lieu of one M10M? Wouldn't one modified Sony do?
  5. F

EM1X or not - just spitballing

Curious what settings you are changing from shot to shot with your custom buttons.
  6. F

Irwin Puts Says Farewell to Leica?

Is their any evidence that the sensor cover glass or whatever of the SL2 has been tweaked to benefit M lenses or is it just wishful thinking?
  7. F

fat pixel digital backs

Except that nobody refers to new cameras as thin pixel.
  8. F

fat pixel digital backs

Fat pixel is a euphemism for old.
  9. F

Z50, the most important Nikon?

I didn't think people were buying entry level ILCs with kit lenses any longer.
  10. F

Sony releases the new 47MP and 8k30p MFT sensor

That said, this sensor does not appear to be for consumer m43 cameras.
  11. F

Sony releases the new 47MP and 8k30p MFT sensor

Not to rain on anyones's parade, but the new sensor is 12-bit, and intended for surveillance, FA cameras, and industrial cameras. I have no idea what an FA camera is.
  12. F

Phase One XT: The First Modern Field Camera (and X-Shutter and new firmware)

I will never own a $57,000 camera but I like to keep up with technology. However, I feel bludgeoned to death by both sides over the past couple of days and have completely lost interest in this new camera. Enjoy your arguments. I’m sure one of you is right.
  13. F

Phase One mirrorless announcement next week?

If this is a new technical camera, is that a big deal? What will it bring to the table that is not already available with existing technical cameras? Are there features that technical camera users have been clamoring for?
  14. F

Using water instead of stop bath when printing

There is a thread over on Photrio on this subject. It has been going on for 15 years and they are no closer to agreement.