The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by FloatingLens

1. FloatingLens

Phase One P45 - FireWire repeater to older MacBook Pro USB-C

I tried a similar setup with a Thunderbolt MacBook (TB->FW adapter) such that the back would stay powered even without battery, but I did not manage to do any capture with that setup. I attributed this failed experiment to insufficient power provided by the adapter. Have not tried this, but my...
  2. FloatingLens

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Hold an opaque white plate in front of the lens and overexpose by 2 stops to see the unevenness in color, if any.
  3. FloatingLens

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Could you create a scene calibration at f4? I’d be curious if the color shift issue is not present in your case?
  4. FloatingLens

Compatibility P45+ / P25+ with first Hasselblad 500c camera

I have yet to experience color cast issues with the existing V lenses on a 500 body and digital back. There is ample distance between the flange and the sensor, hence color is uniform.
  5. FloatingLens

ISO differences Phase One P45+ vs P45 / firmware / screen resolution

I‘d reckon the P65+ produces good output at ISO200, but not considerably better than P45 or below.
  6. FloatingLens

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

the first dawn by FloatingLens, on Flickr Hasselblad 903SWC • CF Biogon T* 4,5/38 • Ilford FP4+
  7. FloatingLens

Carl Zeiss S-Topar A2 80mm

Now that is exotic stuff. May I ask what‘s the original application for that kind of lens?
  8. FloatingLens

Resolution between digital and analog photographic Pictures

Yes. However, please make sure to read the man page before proceeding. In my case, I am using mirrored volumes to implement data redundancy.
  9. FloatingLens

Just issue the command given by @buildbot.
  10. FloatingLens

If you are using a recent Linux kernel, yes.
  11. FloatingLens

ZFS is incredibly convenient to use. I have it for my image backup server. Highly recommended.
  12. FloatingLens

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

I don't want to be unfair towards Hasselblad, but they also did not spot the magenta cast issue with XCD 4/28P and X1D(II)/907X. Compatibility testing seems quite limited nowadays with focus on "expected" use cases (that's me just interpreting the facts at time of release).
  13. FloatingLens

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

Hi all, thanks, I think we are talking two different things. To avoid misunderstandings: the X2D and 907x introduced a new round-shaped focus aid [1], which I reckon works PDAF based (because the 50c‘s don‘t have it). My old Contax 645 has a similar old-school focus confirmation indicator...
  14. FloatingLens

Thanks. I am wondering about the utility of the new focus indicator (not peaking). Seems very useful with native XCD glass, but could also be of great help for legacy glass, if supported. I now understand it does not work without the 907X body. Could someone try on 907X with XV adapter?
  15. FloatingLens

My question was about V lenses on a 500 body for example. Do you know?