The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by free1000

1. F

Canon EF adapter for Fuji GFX 50S

No I don't have an online image sharing account or the time to curate stuff on it at the moment. I have taken some shots and the vignetting is not so much an issue as softness in the corners when shifted. From my point of view such softening/smearing is not a massive issue for architectural...
  2. F

thoughts on architectural photography with Fujifilm GFX, image circle and lenses

Thats good news. I was wondering, since your post last December showing the Pentax 35 lens have you continued to shoot with it much? I notice you mention the Pentax HD D FA above, do you find the distortion acceptable? I'm mostly concerned with how this would handle shots perpendicular to...
  3. F

thoughts on architectural photography with Fujifilm GFX, image circle and lenses

OK, I can comment with some experience of these now. My capsule review. 1) Well made adapters, I bought both the GFX->Contax and GFX->Hassleblad versions 2) They have a Arca foot mounted such that they can be used for Panorama stitching. I don't use this, but find it a useful 'handle' for...
  4. F

Any solid hints about announcements at Summit X-20 Sept?

Fujirumours and others have been speculating about a new lens roadmap for some time, this is clearly out of date as the 50 is real. It would be disappointing if there was only one new lens for 2020, but not super surprising. The logical time to release a new lens roadmap for the G mount...
  5. F

Sorry I was totally wrong about this, I see that the last marketing event had the same naming and covered all the cameras, my bad. :rolleyes:
  6. F

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

Apparently there's a Fuji X marketing event today and Fujirumours claim announcement of a new film simulation "Classic Negative" I hope this will be available in a firmware update for the 50R as well. I'm not normally a JPG shooter but its fun to do it with the 50R, though I'd always be doing...
  7. F

I'm wondering why Fuji would hold a summit about their X range of cameras and then make a major announcement about the G range. As someone who has worked in corporate marketing I expect they would not as it would damage the focus on the X range, but we can live with hope, I'd buy that product :-)
  8. F

Just to say, I've had a chance to test the Kipon GFX-EF AF adapter and the AF is good with a Canon 40mm 2.8 pancake lens. (https://www.adorama.com/kagfxcefaf.html) More importantly, I've shot my Canon TS-E 24 on an architectural subject and the adapter is clearly well built, as the images are...
  9. F

I'll send you some images when I get home. I'd really like go get that to work. I have a Hassleblad 50 FLE on the way and I've ordered a Contax->Hassleblad adapter. Another 'doh' moment was when I realised I just needed a GFX to Contax adapter and then a dumb adapter ring from Contax to H...
  10. F

I may be making an error, I'm away from home till Thursday evening, but when I get back I'll take a couple of shots of the adapter and maybe you can help me work out if I'm being a complete ignoramus. I've not been sleeping well so its quite possible that I'm misunderstanding this. The...
  11. F

Just to say that I ordered a Kipon GFX-Contax shift adapter from B&H and made certain false assumptions about how it would work. I assumed it meant 'shift' as it is commonly misused in 'tilt-shift' These shift adapters really are shift adapters in the large format sense and only work in a...
  12. F

I'm just setting off down this route as my aged Digital back died this week and I guessed the repair costs would be not a lot less than a Fuji 50R body. I had a bit of a mad tear yesterday and ordered contax and H shift adapters and a Contax 35 and a Hassleblad 50 FLE. I'm hoping that these...
  13. F

Yep, I thought he probably didn't mean they were used in a stack at the same time but just wanted to check. I've wondered if *any* adapters could be stacked and transmit exif data as they can be flaky enough on their own (unless they are from the camera manufacturer where they might be better)...
  14. F

Antonio, how are you liking this for your architectural commissions? I checked out the nice work on your website and wonder if any or all is shot with the Fuji GFX 50R. I don’t quite understand your post, are you using the manual adapters or the ones which can transmit Exif and aperture...
  15. F

4x5 for portraits

Ok, this is years later but I checked out your website and this shot which I guess was made on 8x10. https://www.michaeljmoorephoto.com/Creative-Spaces/20 I love this image in every way. Above all this image carries the nature of the relationship that happens when a photographer...