The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by Gerd

1. G

Is anyone else using the Fotodiox lens adaptor that provides aperture stops?

Hello Ed, I also used these adapters during the transition period from P645 to M645. If you want to make it easy, you can just use the light meter of your camera. E.g. - if it jumps by one aperture you can calculate it very fast, starting from the open aperture. Greetings Gerd
  2. G

Electronic shutter in combination with image stabilisation

However, he used the ES. And the anomaly clearly looks like a rolling shutter. The subject didn't move, of course, but the camera in the hand did. However, the IBIS was turned on and configured correctly. I am not sure how the rolling shutter effect came about here. Maybe the IBIS is no...
  3. G

Phase One IQ4 Remote Launches via Cascable

I used an IPAD Pro M1, 12.9", Gen. 5, 1TB, 16 GB RAM for testing. I found the LiveView to be soft as well. What also bothers me a bit is that you can't zoom in on the transferred image above 100% (I'm not quite sure if it's really 100%). You can push it larger via this point, but when you...
  4. G

Hello Greg, hello Viktor, it is possible - but it is not intended that way. Scenario: Connect IQ4 150 with an Ethernet cable directly to the IPAD via a USB to Ethernet adapter. IQ4 and the IPAD behave RFC 3927 compliant. This means if no fixed Ethernet address is assigned (IQ4 cannot do this)...
  5. G

I don't know of a corresponding service here, but I'll take a look around. You are using IQ4 over 2.4 GHz in access point mode? In which country are you located, I would like to check if you are using the same channels. I do that. Mostly via Ethernet, because the solution is more flexible...
  6. G

I would appreciate if someone could give me information on how Cascable behaves in LiveView with IQ4 via WLAN. The reason I ask is, I can't test it currently because my IOS devices only go up to 12.x (they are older devices). The current IQ4 WLAN "Access Point Mode" connection is limited to 2.4...
  7. G

Reasons for MF in 2021

For me personally, an objective reason is the 4: 3 format. The 3: 2 format can only be used well for me in a few cases. Otherwise, I use the equipment that, in my opinion, is most suitable for solving my task and that fits my workflow. But you could just as well ask the question - "why is...
  8. G

Mamiya AFD lenses to GFX?

I have not seen such an adapter. There is only the E-mount adapter mentioned above. But apart from the possibility of using a double adapter, the E-mount is pretty much the most unsuitable I can think of because of its diameter. And it is questionable if with two electronic adapters - in a...
  9. G

Questions for Cambo Actus owners

The Pentax DF-A 645 25mm is unfortunately completely useless outside of 44x33 (and it wasn't particularly good at the edge). I tried the exact combination with IQ3 100 Tr. Years ago. I immediately discarded it. Greetings Gerd
  10. G

Mamiya AFD lenses to GFX?

There are electronical Mamiya / SK 645 adapters for Sony. Link CLICK: It can do exactly what we need. I wrote to Kipon about 6 months ago and told you that such an adapter would make sense for a GFX 100. Because there are many Phase One owners who also have a GFX or have switched. Of course I...
  11. G

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Hello Dierk, nice to see you here... Greetings Gerd
  12. G

Contax 80 vs the rest?

N stands for New Version. The N version has a better coating. Greeting Gerd
  13. G

Techart GFX-EF Adapter Image Stabilizer of GFX100s - Problems.

I can confirm the problem. I bought the Techart adapter at the time of the GFX 50s, when I bought the GFX100 then suddenly the IBIS in connection with the Techart adapter made problems. I ordered the Kipon adapter and it immediately worked without error in conjunction with IBIS and all my TS-E...
  14. G

Anyone use Canon Tilt-Shift lenses on the IQ3 100?

Hello Uwe, I think the mentioned image circle on the TS-E 17mm is not correct. Since I own TS-E 17mm and TS-E 24mm LII and use them on the IQ4 150, I can say that the shading of both lenses is roughly the same, from my point of view. The 17mm has a very slightly higher shadow, but in no case as...
  15. small coffee cup 3

small coffee cup 3