The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by haring

1. H

Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Variable ND Filter Question

Is there anybody using EF lenses with Canon mirroless? Do you have the Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Variable ND Filter? 1. Any experience with it? Can you take out the filter and tape the filter hole and use it as a regular adapter when you don't need the nd filter? 2. They...
  2. H

Wedding photographers! Do you offer photo and video? Transitioning from photo to both?

This question is for wedding photographers. I am in the middle of restructuring my business. I have been offering wedding photography for the last 14 years. I see more and more brides and grooms want the same service provider to provide photo AND video. I have started offering both. I am just...
  3. H

Canon r5 back focusing - micro AF adjustment missing???

Thanks! R5 works on other lenses. Only this one is the problem.
  4. H

Canon r5 back focusing - micro AF adjustment missing???

I have a brand new Canon R5. I noticed a horrible back focusing with my 35mm 1.4 Mark I. lens. I have tried to micro-adjust focusing but apparently there is no option for micro-adjust AF in the menu... ????? Anybody facing the same problem???? Thanks!
  5. H

Short slider (8Inches) 20cm is long enough for interview B roll?

Hey guys! Is a short slider (8 Inches) 20cm long enough for interview B roll? I am debating between the short affordable Edelkrone SliderOne or the longer Slider Plus motorized sliders. Please help! Thx!!!
  6. H

Live Feed setup question, multiple cameras, mixer, wireless

I am looking into building a live feed system. I would like to provide live feed for online events, weddings, workshops. I would like to have 2-3 cameras to record the event. I am thinking about attaching a wireless transmitter to the cameras to send the signal to a live feed video mixer. I...
  7. H

Latest COVID wedding! Are weddings coming back????

It looks like weddings are coming back. I just shot an Indian wedding in Clearwater, FL. I hope it is going to become a growing trend. Post your latest weddings including location. Let's support each other! https://www.haringphotography.com/gallery/hindu-indian-wedding-photos-clearwater-florida/
  8. H

Steps to keep yourself and the guests safe from Covid-19:

The sad truth that the virus won't disappear. We can make the impact less severe. I am a wedding photographer. Steps to keep yourself and the guests safe from Covid-19: https://www.haringphotography.com/weddings-i-do/blog/wedding-covid-precautions/
  9. H

Video - Reliable mobile internet solution for DSLR live broadcasting a wedding?

I tried to do this last weekend. The signal didn't support upstream at all. I had one of the fastest data plan in the USA. It may work for some but didn't work for me. WiFi signal was able to support live stream but not the phone data plan.
  10. H

Video - Reliable mobile internet solution for DSLR live broadcasting a wedding?

I am going to shoot a wedding. There will be activities where there will be no wifi. Question: how can i provide myself reliable high speed wifi for broadcasting the wedding via youtube? I usually use OBS installed on my laptop and feed video from my Canon camera into my laptop. I feed sound...
  11. H

Editing 5.5k raw video canon 1dx mark iii or r5??? Any problem with replay?

Thanks! So external recording the way to go....
  12. H

Editing 5.5k raw video canon 1dx mark iii or r5??? Any problem with replay?

Is there anybody who owns the new canon 1dx or r5 who has experience editing raw 4k, 5.5k video on computer? Some people claim that rendering footage and editing is extremely hard because of the computing demand of footage? Any real life experience? Raw is great but useless if computers are not...
  13. H

Live stream internet strength - Beach wedding

One of my clients want me to provide live feed of the wedding ceremony they are going to have on the beach. I would like to use my 5d mark iv to record and provide the feed into OBS Studio software. I am planning to use my mobile internet on my phone. I would like to set up my phone as hot spot...