The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by HL4x10BW

1. H

WTB: Leica M9 Monochrom

PM sent. cheers
  2. H

BOUGHT: Fujinon GF 100-200mm Lens

PM Sent. Cheers!
  3. H

Chomanix, Zone VI or Technika Deardorfff

So here is part 2 to address your specific brands in question. Deardorffs are the “Grand Ole Dames” of field cameras. Their history and construction are robust. They were usually made with pattern grade mahogany which I dont think you can even get anymore. They are beautiful to behold and will...
  4. H

Chomanix, Zone VI or Technika Deardorfff

Hello, welcome to the world of large format. I think you will find it extremely rewarding but, at rimes, quite frustrating when first getting into it. The results are worth it so keep working past any frustrations. Ok, pep talk over now to your question. Now, apologies for the long reply to you...
  5. H

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

Re: Playa de Portizuelo in black & white Ciao Vieri, The mood in this shot is surreal. As always, a fantastic exposure.:thumbup: Hugo
  6. H

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

7. H

Shift lenses for Leica M (240)

This way tou could use whatever lens you want. Plus I would guess that the platform would occupy the same or less space in your bag. Sorry, just realized that you said “Tilt” and not “Shift”. My suggestion would obviously only work if you just wanted to shift. Hugo
  8. H

Shift lenses for Leica M (240)

What about just using a small linear shifting platform on your tripod. There are several options available at different price points at RRS and on Ebay. This way tou could use whatever lens you want. Plus I would guess that the platform would occupy the same or less space in your bag. Hugo
  9. H

WTB: Leica 90mm Elmarit-M Silver 6bit coded

PM sent. Cheers
  10. H

Leica 28-90 R user experiences on the SL body

...But seriously, charging for duty when there is no duty sounds fraudulent to me. Can you go to the Better Business Bureau or some official service to have it checked out? Scott, I am definitely going to look into this. Something doesn't smell right here. But for now, I will be happy to...
  11. H

Just wanted to report back that I haven't received the lens yet. I ordered it out of Canada to my home in the Southern US but its now tied up in an import tax nightmare with UPS. Have to say that the UPS folks are not efficient nor very cooperative in these matters but I intend to resolve it...
  12. H

I most certainly will Robert. I just got my SL tonight. :thumbup: The lens should be here next week. Cheers
  13. H

I would like to extend my sincere thanks to all that provided feedback. I went ahead and ordered the R 28-90 F2.8/4 today. I will add this to my arsenal that includes the very nice 60 F2.8 macro (ROM) and the 35-70 F4 (ROM) smaller zoom. I plan to also use my M 35mm F2 asph (V2) and my M...
  14. H

By the way You brought up another concern I have when you mentioned the "all mechanical" aspect. I briefly tried an S 006 but quite frankly all the horror stories that I read in various forums about the autofocus motor/gear failures mAkes want to wait a bit before venturing towards the SL...