The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Jacob Buchowski

1. Jacob Buchowski

IQ5 rumors

Agree 100%. Hope they can make the chip in 54x40.
  2. Jacob Buchowski

IQ5 rumors

Although most of what we do in photography is subjective, I much prefer the 4:3 ratio for most of my work. Heck, even when using my Nikon gear, I crop to 4:3. I hope IQ5 keeps the 4:3 format!
  3. Jacob Buchowski

Rodenstock 180 vs 138 in the wind

Although I don’t have the 180, I have the Schneider 150 and the Rodi 138 with X shutter. The 138 is superior and at this point my 150 is mostly gathering dust.
  4. Jacob Buchowski

phase one XC…

Even though generally I’m appreciative of PhaseOne products, I too am baffled by this camera. 23 mm is really wide. Much too wide for [my] everyday use. Although 151 megapixels leaves a lot of room to crop, I generally try to preserve as many of those pixels as I can when use my IQ4. The silver...
  5. Jacob Buchowski

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Capture Integration extends their support!!!

Great news! I’ve been using CI for years and they have always provided top notch service.
  6. Jacob Buchowski

Which telephoto focal length / lens as companion to 32mm on tech cam for landscapes?

Another vote for the 90. It’s my most used lens. I also have the 50 but don’t use it as much as the 90. I got the 90 because of its optical qualities and because the jump from 32 to 90 seemed to make more sense to me than a jump from 32 to 70.
  7. Jacob Buchowski

WITHDRAWN Schneider 150mm 5.6 APO-Digitar for Cambo WRS in Copal 0 SK

This is an excellent lens. I have one and it’s been a great addition to my kit. GLWS!
  8. Jacob Buchowski

Unable to log into Phaseone.com profile

I can confirm that the same is true with my account. Clicking on forgot password, getting an access code sent to your email, trying to then log in using that code, etc. doesn’t work.
  9. Jacob Buchowski

Merry Christmas to the kind Folks Here

Merry Christmas everyone — it’s been fun to be a part of this forum.
  10. Jacob Buchowski

Best 100mm filter holders for landscape photography

I‘ve ordered from both because neither one had all the things I needed (and there was a price difference). Both delivered the items and there were no issues with either charging my CC or shippping. Jacob
  11. Jacob Buchowski

Astrophotography - 101: How to get started.

Although I don’t do astrophotography, I noticed that B&H just had a podcast on the topic for those interested: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/podcasts/photography/astrophotography-with-dr-robert-gendler-the-bh-photography-podcast.
  12. Jacob Buchowski

FS-ALPA GEAR-Everything SOLD

Unfortunately, I don’t have a 210 for my Cambo, but the difference in field of view between the 90 mm and 150 mm is substantial (obviously) and it’s been a great lens for the photography I’ve been doing of late. If I could find a 210 for my camera, I would likely jump on it…
  13. Jacob Buchowski

Z9

Given the form factor, the specs, the reviews, and my previous experience with Nikon (years ago), I sold all of my Sony gear and pre-ordered the Z9 and bought some of the Z mount lenses. Although I was always satisfied with the image quality, I never clicked with the Sony system (a7Rii to a7Riv).
  14. Jacob Buchowski

FS-ALPA GEAR-Everything SOLD

I'm surprised that the S-K 150/5.6 hasn't sold yet. I have the same lens but in Cambo mount. It's an optically superb lens that allows capture of more intimate scenes than my 32/50/90 and I've been surprised how often I use it.
  15. Jacob Buchowski

Help with Cambo lens mount in the 50-60mm range please

I have the Rodenstock 32, 50, and 90. I simply love the 32 and 90 as they’re simply superb and although I love the 50, I love it a bit less than the 32 and 90. Definitely fills the spot between the 32 and 90 nicely…