The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by jamesdfloyd

1. J

What SD card sizes do you use?

Hello to all. I am new to mirrorless, and just bought a Sony A7R IV, as a companion camera to my Phase One medium format digital – I shot fashion professionally. My intent is to have a mirrorless high megapixel camera to shoot some fashion scenes that are physically difficult for a larger...
  2. J

Kipon adapter for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lenses

Hello all, I am making this a cross forum post. If this has been asked before, please point me to that posting. Has anyone used the Kipon adaptor for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lens to Sony E mount? I just bought a Sony A7R IV has my replacement 2nd camera system, and want to get lens...
  3. J

Kipon adapter for Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach lenses

First off, if this has been asked prior, please direct me to it. My primary camera is a Phase One XF, and my other system is (soon to be formerly) a Nikon D3x, but now I just purchased a Sony A&R IV. I just got a MetaBones Nikon to Sony adaptor, but need a Mamiya AF / Schneider-Kreuznach to...
  4. J

Profoto A1 with Phase One XF

Thanks everyone. The article answered my question J.D.
  5. J

Thanks. Can you still do power adjustments via the in camera screen? Also, does the XF TTL signal carry over, or does it default to Manual?
  6. J

This may be a simpleton question; Are there any issues using a Profoto A1, which are TTL dedicated to certain DSLR’s such as Nikon, with the Profoto Air system built into the XF? I ask, because in a recent Phase One YouTube video an XF is triggering an A1. Logical I can kind of understand the...
  7. J

Phase One 110mm vs 150mm for beuaty?

I have both, and find I actually use the 110mm more often.
  8. J

Iceland, February - XF or Alpa?

Good question. I did Iceland about 4-years ago with my Phase One 645AF & P25, plus all my lenses. No issue with the weight, but after the first stop, I decided to only carry the two lenses I thought would be best for the location, and left the rest in the car. However, now that I have an XF...
  9. J

Star tracker recommendations

I have developed an interest in astrophotography, and have started doing a lot of research on methods. Skipping a lot of details, I have a question regarding star trackers. For those of you who use one, which star tracker do you like the best? Now, as always on the forum, I want to qualify my...
  10. J

Backup or alternate camera

While not a MFD question, it is aimed at those of us who use MFD. What non-MFD camera do you use as your backup camera? Typical with my posts, I would like to clarify my question; by backup, I am not referring to an iPhone, or other smart phone, I am referring to DSLR's, Compact and...
  11. J

Lens adapters for Sony A7S

Update: I had an email exchange with a Sale Manager for Novoflex, and the Mamiya / Phase One options is a "no go" unless I get the old-school MF lenses. I am however going with the Novoflex Nikon to Sony adapter.
  12. J

Lens adapters for Sony A7S

I am new to Sony Alphas, and I have a question about adapters, beyond “which one”. A very long story short, I use two different camera set ups for landscape work, and I want to get an A7S to do Astrophotography, the occasional snap shot image beyond an iPhone, and as an emergency back up camera...
  13. J

P65+ High ISO Experience

Thanks Doug. I did not buy the P65+ for long exposures in mind, my approach is ISO50 with typically nothing longer than 30-seconds. I asked mostly to "know" the limits, so as a result to know when to take my Nikon along where I know a "dark" scene will happen. As always, you have the best...
  14. J

P65+ High ISO Experience

Long-story short, I just purchased a used P65+ (doing the house flipping equivalent with Phase One backs, on my way to “IQ-something-full-frame”), and I would like to know where the “useable” ISO stops. By “useable”, I mean low-light landscapes where I would need a 30-second to 1-minute...
  15. J

Mamiya 645 AF APO 300/4.5 experience?

I have had the 300mm f/4.5 for about 4-years, and have used it less than I initially thought. Partially because I have only done landscapes with my first P20, then P25+, then P45+, and just new to me a P65+. Recently, with the past 6-months, I have started to attend model / beauty workshops...