The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Jeffg53

1. J

Whither Solux?

Email sent, and ignored unfortunately. The search continues.
  2. J

Whither Solux?

Thanks. I will ask if they ship to Australia.
  3. J

Whither Solux?

I have been looking for Solux bulbs having just run out. They seem to be unavailable except in small numbers and/or exorbitant prices. Is this a Covid thing, or has something else happened, or is there a substitute?
  4. J

Arca Swiss Cube

My Cube is now in the B&S forum
  5. J

Arca Swiss Cube

Mine is now in the B&S forum. Thank you all
  6. J

FS: Arca Swiss Cube C1

I am selling my Cube as it is just gathering dust. It is in good condition with the normal signs of wear from mounting brackets. It has been lightly used. I am asking $1200 plus your choice of postage.Please contact me with any questions.
  7. J

Arca Swiss Cube

Agreed, thanks Ken
  8. J

Arca Swiss Cube

I am in no hurry It’s been sitting unused for a while now. PM me if you wish. I have a lot going on so won’t be rushing to sell.
  9. J

Arca Swiss Cube

I just don’t use it any more. I have a D4G which sees much more use.
  10. J

Arca Swiss Cube

Thanks Ken, will do. Is LULA a thing these days?
  11. J

Arca Swiss Cube

Thank you both. I’m not a fan of FM, or Ebay so will try here first. I trust that the new getdpi is as honest as it ever was.
  12. J

Arca Swiss Cube

I am thinking of selling my Cube but finding any for sale is nigh on impossible. This leaves me unsure as to what is a reasonable price. Any ideas?
  13. J

Manual focusing and the D850 viewfinder - is it better?

I am happy with the D850. I shoot often in low light usng Leica R and Zeiss lenses and have never found it to be an issue.
  14. J

Any experiences with the Arca Cube C1 gp (geared panning) FlipLock in rough landscape photography?

The Cube is much slower than a ballhead. If speed is important you could look at the D4, still not as fast as a ballhead. If you do go for the Cube, never move around with the quick release unclipped If you don’t clip it down, they come undone and the bits fall out. This can be a problem...
  15. J

How Can We Help GetDPI Stay Alive

I have found GetDPI to be the best site around for all sorts of things. I haven't been involved much of late but would hate to see it go away or morph into something less. GetDPI has been an island of sanity and honesty in an increasingly hostile internet.