The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by JHellow

1. J

M240 Accessories Shipping?

All: My Leica dealer, Paul's Photo in Torrance, CA, has a pretty good inventory of batteries if you are still looking. I think they have seven. I just picked up an extra. Ask for Mark Comon. JHellow
  2. J

M240 Accessories Shipping?

My extra battery came in yesterday, and my camera goes in for the lug recall tomorrow. JHellow
  3. J

Thanks. I saw those on e-bay. So I take it you were satisfied with the conversion?

Thanks. I saw those on e-bay. So I take it you were satisfied with the conversion?
  4. J

Need Suggestion/Canon or Leica R for Alaska ?

My vote would be the R9/DMR, if it has been reliable for you. Once mine were properly coupled (R8/DMR), I never had problems and I had a external battery set up for mine that allowed about 400 exposures. I always kept a couple with me when I traveled. The optical quality and file bit depth at...
  5. J

Scho: I have a Leica M and some Contax G lenses. What kind of adapter are you using to couple...

Scho: I have a Leica M and some Contax G lenses. What kind of adapter are you using to couple the two? I have been using the Contax lenses with a micro 4/3rds system, but have not seen an adapter for the M. Thanks,
  6. J

Scho: I own a Leica M and have a set of Contax G lenses. What kind of adapter are you using to...

Scho: I own a Leica M and have a set of Contax G lenses. What kind of adapter are you using to couple the G to a Leica M? Thanks much, John Hellow
  7. J

DMR Image Thread

I wonder how this would have looked with a polarizing filter so that you had no reflection off the water and consequently a darker background. I do appreciate the smoke-like affect of the long exposure on the water. It is a great image. JHellow
  8. J

DMR Image Thread

Doug: Great image. I wish I could maintain your consistent focus quality. JHellow
  9. J

DMR Image Thread

Doug: Thanks much for identifying the Heron. The closet we could find on the net when we saw the bird was an immature green heron. Glad to finally know what it was. Here is a pic with the neck extended, and thanks again. Love the DMR by the way. Going on 6 years with it. Had some damage...
  10. J

DMR Image Thread

Doug: I'll see your adult Green Heron and raise you a young Green Heron. Taken in Palos Verdes Estates California with an R8/DMR and 100 mm Apo Macro-Elmarit at f/3.4 and handheld looking through a screen and window.