The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by JimGoshorn

1. JimGoshorn

how to set up split screen on X-T1

The camera is very modal. Hold it up to your eye so the EVF is active and then press and hold the focus assist button. Each time you do this, the modes will cycle from standard, then split, then peak. Jim
  2. JimGoshorn

Just had a clearout...

Out of curiosity, what Canon gear did you hold onto? I am in a similar position of trying to decide what to keep and what to sell. Jim
  3. JimGoshorn

X-T1 light leak is easily fixed by fuji

Here is the page at Fuji USA regarding the light leak and serial numbers affected: http://www.fujifilmusa.com/support/ServiceSupportProductContent.do?dbid=881615&prodcat=234644&sscucatid=664270
  4. JimGoshorn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E2 Just got a call from the store. Mine shipped today and I should have it Monday Jim
  5. JimGoshorn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E2 I'm supposed to be first on the list at the store where I ordered it but so far no black bodies have come in yet. I was told maybe around Thanksgiving… Jim
  6. JimGoshorn

Joined The Fuji Crowd

I was thinking of going RRS since I have one for my Canon. Thinking of getting the L bracket without the grip though since I have been managing so far with the shape of the camera
  7. JimGoshorn

Joined The Fuji Crowd

I am very curious to see what Fuji comes up with for the next generation based on the improvements that they made to the X100S. The lenses are really nice. I do wish that they had constant apertures for the zooms though but with that image quality, I can manage :-) Jim
  8. JimGoshorn

Joined The Fuji Crowd

I was a bit skeptical when I read posts where people said they couldn't wait to take more images with the cameras but sure enough I keep grabbing the camera looking for another image. Jim
  9. JimGoshorn

Joined The Fuji Crowd

Well, after much research and soul searching, I got an XE-1. Lenses for it have all gotten good reviews and the lens map looks good. The colors appear wonderful after processing RAW files in Lightroom. It's the closest thing to my fond memories of my Nikon FM: small, light and fun to use. Still...
  10. JimGoshorn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I'd vote for color because it has a more dimensional feel to it Jim
  11. JimGoshorn

Fuji EVF Question

Hi, A short time ago, I borrowed a GH2 which visually displayed changes in exposure, WB and Monochrome setting for example in it's EVF. Does Fuji X-E1's EVF display that info visually as well? If not, for those of you who also shoot with a camera that does, do you miss that when using the Fuji...
  12. JimGoshorn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I Since I am only a potential buyer (this camera speaks to me more than the GH3), I have no experience on processing Fuji files but posts like this have me a bit concerned: diglloyd blog - Phase One Capture One Pro with Fuji X Raw (ARW) Files? How well does it work? Don't know if this guy is...
  13. JimGoshorn

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

So, if the in camera conversion is the best at this point, can the user shoot RAW, save them to their HD for cataloging and later use and then reload them to the camera as needed for alternate conversions? Jim
  14. JimGoshorn

Raw support coming to C1 Pro soon

Thanks Peter. I have basically narrowed down the choice of cameras to the X-E1 (while waiting for the next generation based on the X100S) or a GH3. They each have features I like which makes the choice harder. The Fuji cameras have that film like look, the traditional manual controls, the Q...
  15. JimGoshorn

Raw support coming to C1 Pro soon

I have a question: I have been thinking about getting a Fuji X camera and would like to know if when processing a RAW file with C1, can you can assign the Fuji film looks to the image or is that strictly an in camera feature? Thanks! Jim