The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by jld

1. J

Looking for 2nd Person for Alaska Multi-Day Denali Area Snowmobile Trip

I'm looking for a 2nd person for a 6-day, 5 night Alaska, Denali area, snowmobile trip to do landscape photography - day and night. The trip would be custom and guided. Target the 2nd or 3rd week of March, 2019, to get the best snow conditions and the most daylight; first week of March is also...
  2. J

7-day Custom Solo Snowmobile-based Landscape Photography Tour in Montana

I recently returned from a 7-day custom solo snowmobile-based landscape photography tour in Lolo National Forest, Montana, and surrounding areas. I had a great time, and the landscape photography was excellent. If you are interested, my blog post is here: Zenfolio | Sublime Light Landscape...
  3. J

FS: Nikon D800E Camera Body, Excellent Condition, Low Actuations

. I am selling my Nikon D800E camera body with original box and original accessories. The D800E works properly, the sensor is clean with 16200 shutter actuations, and overall the body is in excellent condition. The body shows very minor signs of use, primarily on the bottom from an L-bracket...
  4. J

FS: Pentax 645D MF Camera Body & 3 Pentax FA MF Lenses, Pristine, Low Actuations

. I am selling my entire Pentax 645D 40 megapixel medium format camera system. The system includes • Pentax 645D 40 megapixel medium format camera body, low actuations (9374) with the original box and accessories • Pentax SMC FA 645 35mm F3.5 AL (IF) Lens, caps, original box, with original...
  5. J

Seeking advice on snowmobile trails in Maine or Eastern Canada

I am interested in doing a week-long "saddlebag" snowmobile trail in Jan 2014 for landscape photography. I am targeting either Maine or one of the eastern provinces of Canada (Quebec, Nova Scotia,...). I have been able to locate dozens of trails, but am looking for a recommendation for...
  6. J

FS: Canon 100mm f2.8 EF USM lens, used a handful of times, Imatest-tested sharp

I'm selling my original Canon 100mm f2.8 EF USM AF macro lens (non-IS). I sold off my Canon 1ds Mark III some months ago, and have given up waiting for Canon’s next high megapixel camera. The lens was tested with Imatest, it tested sharp, and I can email those results, and photos of the lens...
  7. J

FS: Mamiya 645 Pro Camera set, extra body, 3 Lenses

Mamiya Medium Format Set offered on ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/190627828352?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 • 2 Mamiya 645 Pro Camera bodies, manual focus • 1 AE Prism Finder FE401 • 1 120 Film Back • 1 Power Drive Grip WG40 • 1 Mamiya 80mm f2.8 lens • 1...
  8. J

Medium Format Hard Case or Backpack for Multi-day Backpacking Trips

I am planning several multi-day backpacking trips in New Zealand with my Pentax 645D, 45-85mm zoom, and possibly my 80-160mm zoom. On multi-day backcountry photography trips, I usually either go horsepacking, or get a spot in the backcountry via mule, or go with enough people where I can share...
  9. J

WTB: Pentax 67 and 645 lenses

67: 55-100mm f/4.5 645: * SMC Pentax-FA 645 Zoom 45mm - 85mm f/4.5 AF * SMC Pentax-FA 645 Zoom 80mm - 160mm f/4.5 AF * Pentax 67 to 645 adapter Preferably in Ex or Ex+ condition, but will consider other conditions.
  10. J

Sony Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 SAL-85f14Z Experiences

I am considering the purchase of the Sony Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 SAL-85f14z. I am a Sony a900 owner. I have read the online test results (8 or so, see the list on http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/detail.asp?IDLens=317), but thought I would ask the readers and members of this forum to share their...
  11. J

FS: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens

FS: Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM Zoom Lens. Lens was barely used . All glass is clean and all moving parts work smoothly as intended. AF is fine. Barrel and externals are clean and mark free - like new. Included are • Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens • Lens hood • Lens pouch • User...
  12. J

FS: Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM Zoom Lens

FS: Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM Zoom Lens. Lens was barely used . All glass is clean and all moving parts work smoothly as intended. Barrel and externals are clean and mark free like new. Serial number 1129312. Included are • Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens • Lens hood • Lens pouch •...
  13. J

FS: Nikkor ED AF-I 300mm f2.8D lens in Like New condition

For Sale: Nikkor ED AF-I 300mm f2.8D lens in Like New condition. Includes all original accessories: • Slip on leatherette front cap • Rear lens cap LF-1 • 39 mm rear filter L37C • Holder for gelatinous filters • Strap • Lens Hood HK-19 • Heavy duty case CT304 The 300mm Lens is in immaculate...
  14. J

WTB: Drum Scanner

WTB: Drum scanner. ICG or Aztek Premier. 8000 or higher DPI. Apertures 8 microns or less, preferably adjustable down to 3 micron (e.g. Aztek Premier). 16 bit color. Looking for scanner in excellent or better condition. Serious buyer. Will request example scans followed by in-person inspection...