The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Joe Colson

1. Joe Colson

The great tripod & head thread!

Heck Brandon, we're all jealous. Joe
  2. Joe Colson

The great tripod & head thread!

You guys are in an exclusive level of Dante's inferno. But you're still subject to temperature checks when entering. ;) At this stage of my life, I'm looking for ways to lighten my load, so I have a Peak Design Travel Tripod and a Novoflex with removable legs. Both support either my Fuji GFX...
  3. Joe Colson

Fun with MF images 2021

Brandon, thanks for the detail. I had not heard of Lumenzia and had to do a Google search. Looks interesting. I have use the Tony Kuyper luminosity masking panels in the past but have been lazy lately. Joe
  4. Joe Colson

Fun with MF images 2021

Brandon, excellent b&w treatment of a subject made for b&w. I love it. And having lived in the Chicago area for 15 years, I'm still a Cubs fan. Which "recipe" did you use? One of the Fuji film emulations? Joe
  5. Joe Colson

LR Metadata issues

You can store your images on the NAS but not the LR catalog. Store the catalog on your computer's hard drive. Store the images on the NAS. That should solve your problem. Joe
  6. Joe Colson

100S IBIS amazing to me

Lou, I shoot in aperture mode and let the ISO float up to 6400. I typically use Topaz DeNoise AI if the resultant ISO is >1600. I haven't used a tripod yet with the 100S. Joe
  7. Joe Colson

100S IBIS amazing to me

Lou, I agree. The IBIS in the 100S is amazing. I never thought I'd be able to shoot handheld at 1/25 sec. with a 102MP medium format camera and get sharp images. I let my ISO float up to 6400 because noise is either nonexistent or easy to remove with Topaz DeNoise AI. I'm almost 74, by the way...
  8. Joe Colson

Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S Photos and Discussions

One good tern deserves another. :ROFLMAO: Joe
  9. Joe Colson

Nikon Z 24-200

Nigel Danson uses that lens very successfully. You can watch his video on YouTube here. Looks like a great vacation/travel/hiking lens when weight is a critical factor. Joe
  10. Joe Colson

Fun with MF images 2021

Warren, I love these shots. The compositions, tones, lighting, subject detail, and background blur/bokeh are all very pleasing. Congratulations! I need to take a lesson from you on b&w conversion. Joe
  11. Joe Colson

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

Dave, your images posted to the Web should probably be sRGB, not Epson RGB or Pro Photo. Joe
  12. Joe Colson

Pic included in Royal Observatory / BBC astro photography awards

Congratulations Ed! Your image looks right at home among that group. Well done! Joe
  13. Joe Colson

Fun with MF images 2021

Nice!!! Has the reinstated lockdown limited your ability to get out and shoot? Joe
  14. Joe Colson

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

Both remind me of the TV series "Vera" which my wife and I watch (repeatedly). Joe