The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Lonnie Utah

1. L

The most amazing thing happened today...

I agree. My first time shooting the A7r, withing 5 mins, I felt completely "at home" on the camera. I was hunting for nothing, and changing shooting styles and modes at will. Very intuitive.
  2. L

Yes I think it's a valid comparison because the two cameras basically share the same 36mp FF Sony sensor. The number of DXOmark are close enough to show that if they aren't identical, the sensors in these two cameras are very, very close. So if you're a landscape shooter that doesn't care...
  3. L

While I don't disagree with that statement (in any way), when you start thinking about the engineering and manufacturing costs associated with building a camera, there is one striking "fact" that can't be avoided. The glass pentaprism and shutter box in a camera can easily represent between...
  4. L

After sleeping on it, I think it's most likely this. Occam's razor.
  5. L

I've also said that the time frame was 5-10 years. That's where the surprise comes from. Maybe it's sooner?
  6. L

No. I was honestly shocked that the Sony folks had more traffic through their tent than the Canon guys. Why would I troll the sony forum, with pro sony info? If I was trying to troll someone, wouldn't it be the canon folks by posting something like this in the canon forums? Look, as a Sony...
  7. L

Nikon had no tent, so you tell me.
  8. L

I was at a photo event with both a Sony and Canon photo tent with gear for loan. The Sony tent was very busy and had lots of various gear for use. The canon tent, not so much. I was truly taken aback. Is the tide turning? & FWIW, I got to handle a very nice A7R and the brand new 70-200 f/4...
  9. L

Sony A77II with 70-200 SSM II lens

This has to be tech that's bleeding over from the mirrorless cams...
  10. L

The A900 still has it....

The family drug the Airstream to Bryce Canyon for the 4th, to escape the heat. Spent several days there. I'm still in awe of what turned out to be an epic sunrise one morning.... Hope ya'll enjoy. Focal Length 16 mm Shutter Speed 1 sec Aperture f/22 ISO 160
  11. L

Best ISO for A7r & Landscapes?

Since "best quality" is influenced by a whole host of factors I'll boil it down to the factor you inquire about. Dynamic range and color sensitivity of the camera max out at 100 ISO, with no real difference reported for 50 ISO. So in my mind, if you're shooting on a tripod, it shouldn't...
  12. L

Sony A7r & Iceland Trip - How many SD Cards?

Actually, I'd buy two of those, so I'd still have redundant copies of the files until I got back to home base.
  13. L

ND filter

This advice is not applicable to mirrorless cams like the A-99 and A7R.
  14. L

Do the math - focal length and Format demystified

WOW. You guys must REALLY care about this... :rolleyes:
  15. L

Do the math - focal length and Format demystified

I thought he kinda looked like this guy...