The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Nokton48

1. Nokton48

fat pixel digital backs

New James Bright SEASIDE 500CM Hasselblad CFV16 30mm Distagon F9.5 C171 Beauty by Nokton48, on Flickr Years ago I snagged some James Bright Backgrounds which were sold by Sinar and Calumet. Now this one has come along (entitled "Seaside") for $35 with the money going to charity. Tested with...
  2. Nokton48

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr Here is Automatic Makiflex #3 with Plaubel 150mm F4.5 Auto Iris Xenar. "Super Bubbapack" new high voltage Power Pack for Vivitar 365, a fairly powerful flash. Plaubel marketed this camera as useable for reportage, the flash sync is 1/15, so not really for flash...
  3. Nokton48

fat pixel digital backs

CFV16 60 DIST EI 100 Meter Prism EV16 by Nokton48, on Flickr This is a "Autumn Blaze Maple" fastest growing of all Maples. We hope it gets to be a hundred feet tall when fully grown. This is a baby. Hasselblad 500C/M 60mm C T* Distagon CFV16 Hasselblad Digital Back, full sun. EI 100 according...
  4. Nokton48

fat pixel digital backs

CFV16 60 DIST EI 100 Meter Prism by Nokton48, on Flickr Testing the black C T* 60mm Hasselblad Zeiss Distagon CFV16 Hasselblad Digital Back 500 C/M exposed according to TTL Hasselblad Meter Prism. Key Day Full Sun.
  5. Nokton48

My Makiflex Cameras by Nokton48, on Flickr Here are my four Makiflexes (three Autos and a Standard) ready for use. This morning I was out photographing a new flower arrangement on my back deck. I used the 21cm f4.5 Makiflex Auto iris Heliar, that the rig on the far left. Bokeh at F16 with the...
  6. Nokton48

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Dawes Cedar Swamp 4x5 Norma 90mm SA Efke 100 PMK+ Ektalure Ektanol by Nokton48, on Flickr
  7. Nokton48

fat pixel digital backs

Digital V System 30mm to 120mm by Nokton48, on Flickr Fat Pixel Digital Hasselblad CFV16 Back 30mm Distagon, 40mm Distagon, 50mm Distagon, 80mm Planar, 100mm Planar, and 120mm S-Planar. A short to medium full set, all roughly the same vintages. More than I can carry around, but it's here to...
  8. Nokton48

4x5 Sinar Norma Handy 65mm f8 SA Viv365 C Cell Pack by Nokton48, on Flickr This is my Sinar Norma Handy, built by me from Parts Box Vintage original Norma Helical Mount for 65mm F8 Chrome Super Angulon Compur. Vivitar 365 with C Cell Pack fully operating. The camera is complete ready to shoot...
  9. Nokton48

fat pixel digital backs

Broncolor Impaspot Finally Behaving CFV16 EI 100 F13.5 Indicated by Nokton48, on Flickr Finally the Broncolor Impaspot is starting to Behave! This is the entire field, looks even to me, modeling lamp is not accurate due to ventilation holes in the frosted S80 Dome. Required for this unit...
  10. Nokton48

Sinar Norma Handy w TTL Sinarsix metering by Nokton48, on Flickr I have found another use for my Sinarsixes! :) This is my homemade Sinar Norma Handy 4x5 camera, with 65mm f8 Super Angulon. Reading TTL with the Sinarsix through the camera, at EI 250 HP5+ I am reading EV9 which equates to 1/125...
  11. Nokton48

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

400s 70mm Supergrain Blad 100 Planar 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr Test roll (31 exposures) fresh 70mm Rollei 400s, processed in Rollei Supergrain. JOBO 120/220 reel modified to 70mm width by me, JOBO Multitank 2 Agitated by hand. Film shot last spring, then life came along...
  12. Nokton48

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

4x5 Fuji HRU Mic-X 5 minutes by Nokton48, on Flickr Fuji 8x10 HR-U X-Ray cut down to 4x5, Graphmatic Holder, 4x5 Sinar Norma 180mm f5.6 chrome Durst Componon lens, full key sun. This was exposure #6, two stops over ambient reading of grey card EI 50 TTL Sinarsix 1/15 @ Fll. Short development is...
  13. Nokton48

fat pixel digital backs

Optical Spots S80 S40 Impact Visatec 1600B by Nokton48, on Flickr Testing three Optical Spotlights. In the back an S80 with the Impaspot. In the center the Visatec 1600B with new 85mm lens. In the front, the S40 with the Canon 135mm F1.8. All of these now ready to use. Also testing the...
  14. Nokton48

fat pixel digital backs

Sanpho GOBO test Visatec 1600B 600J 50CT CFV16 by Nokton48, on Flickr Sanpho GOBO test Visatec 1600B Hasselblad 500C/M CFV16 Digital Back 60mm F3.5 C T* Zeiss Distagon. Clear dome over flash tube. F16 Indicated EI 100. GOBO fired onto canvas background. Image can be made pretty sharp with Canon...
  15. Nokton48

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Testing Studio Lighting 350mm f.56 Tele Tessar ELM by Nokton48, on Flickr Hasselblad EL/M with 350mm F5.6 black Non-T* Tele-Tessar. Ilford 120 FP4+. Broncolor Balloon Head (gorgeous light as smooth and soft as you can get!) camera left, silver reflector just off camera right. Laser aligned...