The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Oren Grad

1. O

Fuji GF 30 5.6 T/S for sale in US

Just checked the websites of Yodobashi Camera and Map Camera in Japan. It's on back order there too.
  2. O

Fun with MF images 2024

Evening walk a couple of days ago... processed for viewing against a dark gray background. GFX 100S, GF 30
  3. O

Recommended technician for Mamiya 200mm APO

I *think* at this point Adam has given up on camera/lens repairs and is doing exclusively custom fabrication work. But no harm in asking. https://skgrimes.com/
  4. O

Recommended technician for Mamiya 200mm APO

Are you thinking of Frank Rubio? He used to have his workspace embedded deep in the bowels of the Penumbra Foundation building, has since moved out to his own place on W 39 St: https://www.cameradoctornyc.com/ Frank has done some work for me - fixed a variety of issues on a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4...
  5. O

GFX 100ii -- How to decouple live view exposure settings when using flash triggers?!

Try user setting > screen setting > preview exp/wb in manual mode > off
  6. O

GFX 100 II warranty

In the case of FUJIFILM-branded products, FUJIFILM North America Corporation CANNOT provide warranty service or complimentary support or assistance with a technical issue for FUJIFILM-branded products that it has not imported. https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/gray-market-fujifilm-branded-products/
  7. O

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

Have you used it? The published MTF at 40 lp/mm and unspecified aperture shows good contrast out to exactly the image circle of full-frame 35, after which it falls off steeply - presumably it's the same glass as their M-mount 40/5.6. Hard to argue with the price, though...
  8. O

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

The 75/6.8 Caltar II-N is a rebadged Grandagon (or Grandagon-N, depending on the vintage). I have the late, green-ring Grandagon-N version of this lens. I've used it with 6x9 cm film, IIRC also for a very few sheets of 4x5, but haven't had occasion to try it on digital.
  9. O

Canon M200 - thoughts?

I have an M50 set with the 22, 11-22 and 15-45. For my taste, the controls on the M200 are too pared down for comfort, I also prefer having a viewfinder, and the M50 is itself pretty small. That said, I think the sensor is the same and the AF is going to be comparable if not identical. Both...
  10. O

Rodenstock 70mm Rear Element Question

FWIW, this is what Schneider used to say about their Super-Symmar XL series, a line of expensive, very-high-coverage large format lenses produced late during the film-lens era (text is from Schneider's 2002 full-line large format lens catalog): Performance requires effort The well-known saying...
  11. O

just a quick question to BW conversionists

1. Yes, you want to use a tool like Monochrome2DNG to avoid certain characteristic artifacts: https://www.fastrawviewer.com/Monochrome2DNG#details 2. MaxMax offers monochrome conversions of the GFX 50R and GFX 50S. Not cheap.
  12. O

270mm lens for 8x10 camera.

I've used the 270 G-Claron extensively on 8x10 and have used the 270 Computar on 11x14. Both of these lenses continue gaining useful image circle when stopped down past f/22. At f/45, the G-Claron provides ample room for movement on 8x10, while the Computar covers 11x14. Whether they provide...
  13. O

How about more and more fun with Canon...

EOS M50 / EF-M 22
  14. O

270mm lens for 8x10 camera.

The 270 Computar has even larger coverage than the G-Claron when stopped way down, but tends to be much harder to find and more expensive. 270 Graphic Kowa, but that's almost always found in barrel rather than shutter. 10 3/4" Dagor.