The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Per Ofverbeck

1. Per Ofverbeck

Tempted, very tempted... GRIIIx

OK, a few days more; no masterpieces...;) But, it is a great little camera to just carry everywhere! This one is with the "71 mm" crop. I even cropped it some more in post to get rid of some irritating objects. One of my granddaughters ready for her riding lesson. This one is ISO 1600.
  2. Per Ofverbeck

Tempted, very tempted... GRIIIx

Well, now I´m not tempted anymore - I bought one! I´ve been using the first version GR for years, quite impressed by it, but hated the wide lens (cropped almost all images, and there are not so many pixels left after that...). Always thought "if only it were 50, or at least 35", and now there...
  3. Per Ofverbeck

Is this allowed?

See I just got it, too. I´ll just ignore it for a few days; I´ll trust the admin to delete both messages and sender....
  4. Per Ofverbeck

Fun w/digital M Images 2021

I´d say you´re on the right track here... :giggle: The small one (Sw. "Västgötaspets", a cattle dog somewhat similar to a Welsh Corgi) is a puppy bitch, while the Gordon setter is a male, 3-4 yo. So he´s "daddying" the little one, and as usual in such situations, the pup knows she´ll get away...
  5. Per Ofverbeck

Fun w/digital M Images 2021

Snow is fun! M9, Apo-Summicron 75
  6. Per Ofverbeck

leica l mount lives and thrives!!

So THIS is what you´re busy testing right now, Jono? ;) (Seriously, the Stradivarius of film SLR´s; loved them back then...).
  7. Per Ofverbeck

Leica M10-P

Well, the ´thickness´of my M9 and MM1 has never worried me personally; I´ve compared them to my trusty M2, and the difference is quite marginal. But lots of people seem to go on about this, and Leica themselves mentions it. And, any camera can be made much thicker with a half-case (which also...
  8. Per Ofverbeck

Leica M10-P

Well, one of the biggest selling points of the M10 over earlier models is that the body is thinner. A tilting screen would make it quite a bit thicker again. I like tilting screens when I can have them, but not at that price...
  9. Per Ofverbeck

Just bought myself a brand new Leica X2

Thank you all! Like this camera more and more; almost stopped using the M9... A convenient and competent party camera ...and quite good at modest closeups, with lovely colour
  10. 170823-1149283

170823-1149283

11. 170823-1135276

170823-1135276

12. 170812-190425

170812-190425

13. Per Ofverbeck

Brilliant, dark street photos

On re-reading my own post, it does have a flavour of criticism of Ando Fuchs´ work, even insinuating plagiarism. This was certainly not my intention; I´m quite impressed by it. He does work in a similar vein to, say, Callahan or Leiter, but with his own style and visual language.
  14. Per Ofverbeck

Brilliant, dark street photos

Well, others have done the same, very successfully....:salute: https://www.artsy.net/artwork/harry-callahan-chicago-38
  15. Per Ofverbeck

Just bought myself a brand new Leica X2

Yes, it feels more "solid", and "Leicalike". The stiffness in the dials is a big improvement, in my world: taking the X1 out of a pocket always changed the settings, while the X2 stays put. Battery time is far, far better, and the AF has gone from ridiculously slow to acceptable. Thank you...