The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by proenca

1. P

907x/x1d2 sensor readout with adapted lenses? Better than x1d orignal?

Hi there, I had the x1d 4416 and it was nearly impossible to use adapted lenses ( manual focus, non leaf, eg leica / etc) since the sensor readout was so slow, specially on portraits ir something that resembled moving stuff Has this been improved in the x1dii or 907? Or since its the same...
  2. P

907c vs X1dII - autofocus

Hi there, Pondering between these two cameras - how is the AF on one compared to the other, using XCD lenses ? Is the X1dII focus aquisition faster than the 907 ? Or are they the same? I’m leaning fo rate 907c - it offers what the X1D does AND being able to couple onto a V body - something...
  3. P

X2D Thread

Indeed. Hope that H/Blad continues with the X2D what started in the X1D : a small, very portable, very light camera. Fuji steered away from that with the GFX100 - it is targeting Phase, Hasselblad H and so on. The size ( of the GFX100 ) I suspect its due to the ibis motors and specially due...
  4. P

Leica S3

For me, its sad really. Leica is doing H/Blad path - providing niche cameras, to niche buyers but one day, they will be in some serious trouble. H/Blad did the lunar stupidity over and over and they found themselves at the brink of bankruptcy only to be saved by DJI. Leica deserves better -...
  5. P

(EU ) Voigtlander 21mm 1.8 ULTRON - sale

Hi there, Selling my Voigtlander 21mm 1.8 Ultron, in tip top condition for 550€ ( net value ). Lens + original box + manuals, all included. Shipping included within Europe in this price, payment by bank transfer or paypal ( add 3% if that is the case ). Best regards, GP
  6. P

Leica SL or Fuji GFX 50

I had both for quite a while ( not at the same time though ) and there are some key differences : Leica SL : surprisingly compact ( viewed from above ) , much more X1D-C ethos of simplicity ( actually, its in line with the S medium format cameras ) but quite tall. AF is very much ok...
  7. P

(EU) Trade : M10+50LuxASPH for X1D or GFX

Hi there, I have the following to trade : Leica M10 chrome, complete with box, pristine as new, under warranty ( bought 6 months ago ) + Leica 50mm Summilux ASPH chrome with box, leather pouch etc, perfectly calibrated to the M10 + Voigtlander 21mm Ultron with box etc Would like to trade...
  8. P

D800E files on old MacPro ?

I see a lot of those comments on MacPro 2008 users - but isnt that because of the HDD ? My MBP is a 17", 2010 i7 2.7ghz dual core one and I just gave it a breath of life by installling a SSD. Couldnt the same be done on a MP 2010 ? Plus with a current GPU ( lets say a ATI r9 or a GTX680 ? )...
  9. P

D800E files on old MacPro ?

Hi there, I'm not very keen on the new MacPRO : very much video orientated. So I want to replace my aging MacBook PRO 17" ( i7 2.7ghz ) which is moderate for D800E files ( brushes are so so in speed in C1, sliders take 0.5 secs to reflect things.. ) and I'm looking into a MacPro 2010 model ( 8...
  10. P

C1 v Lightroom

Life is funny. I read Jack's initial thread and thought to myself "heck, I want the best quality. I use LR, why I never tried C1 ? Well, REALLY tried C1?". He and Guy Mancuso are really into the C1 PRO. So I downloaded a trial C1 PRO. Bought a new camera ( D800e ) and LR is so-so with its...