The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rawhead

1. R

The great tripod & head thread!

Hi, I know this is an old post, but do you know how Precision Camera Works dealt with the thin, flat plate below the RRS clamp? That plate has four holes that act as a detent together with one ball bearing trapped in a hole on the p0 side. Specifically: 1) Do you know if that is the original...
  2. R

which one manual focus lens for A7r ?

While I'm tempted to say Noctilux 50/1 (or similar, e.g., SLR Magic 50/0.95), considering it has to be just ONE lens, the versatility of a 35 I think will push the CV 35/1.2II to the top.
  3. R

MacBook Pro 13-inch late 2011 2.4 GHz 8GB $750

This is a 1.3 year old MBP that is in an absolutely MINT condition. The only drawback is that it's missing its original box (used to ship another computer to family in Japan). The reason why it's so minty is that while it's a portable computer, it was probably taken out of the apartment twice...
  4. R

[FS] Hasselblad CZ CFi Distagon 50/4 FLE

Bump @ $850!
  5. R

Leica M6 classic for sale

Which viewfinder?
  6. R

[WTB] Noctilux 50/1

BOUGHT.
  7. R

Bump @ $900
  8. R

I need to offload some stuff to finance a big purchase I made. Here's a minty Distagon for you. I'd rate it 9.5/10 for cosmetics, mechanics, and optics. Comes with original front and rear caps. $950 + shipping & PP fees. High-res images uploaded on Picasa for your viewing pleasure...
  9. R

[WTB] Noctilux 50/1

BUMP. I just sold my Apo-Lanthar, and so I want to start getting serious about this acquisition. Again, looking for an F1 Nocti in excellent shape (cosmetics can be somewhat compromised) in the mid-4K range that anybody would like to let go.
  10. R

[FS-Feeler] Voigtländer Macro Apo-Lanthar 125mm f2.4 (EF mount) w/ hood

Hi y'all. So, there might be an opportunity for me to get something I've wanted for a while now, and if that happens, I'm going to have to do some serious gear dumpage. Although it's not set in stone yet, I want to start getting some feelers for the higher-valued stuff. Let me know if you are...
  11. R

Diving with sharks and the E-PL1 in Grand Bahama

Wow, this is stunning!!
  12. R

Fotodiox challenges medium format resolution

OK, so my good friend Stefan nailed about every single point I wanted to make in follow-up, so I'll just shut up :LOL: OK, maybe not. I find it interesting here and elsewhere that some people really are quick to jump in and declare a product useless. Similar outcries abound with another...
  13. R

Fotodiox challenges medium format resolution

Unless, of course, the *whole point* of the claims of one of the systems is that it can be had for 1/20th the price of the other system.
  14. R

FS: pen f 40mm 1.4, Canon soft case, NEX adapters

I'll take the two NEX-Leica adapters.
  15. R

WANTED 13" MACBOOK PRO WITH RETINA DISPLAY

Did you know there's a great deal for one of those NEW? Apple MacBook Pro Laptop w/ Retina Display (MD213LL/A): Intel Core i5 2.5GHz Dual Core, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, 13.3" Retina LCD 2560x1600, WiFi N, OS X Lion + Parallels Desktop 8 $1474 After $50 Rebate + Free Shipping - MacMall Deals...