The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rdeloe

1. rdeloe

Fungus in my sensor

That doesn't look like any fungus I've seen. However, I'm used to seeing fungus on lenses.
  2. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

Very cool! And yes my language was sloppy. "Limited to GFX" in the sense of "among the various systems on which people are using the lenses we're talking about, GFX seems to be the one that has this problem; other digital sensors used with these lenses seem to work fine when lenses have the...
  3. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

Lack of parallelism is a huge problem. I used to shoot a Toyo VX23D, which is a wonderful digital view camera in that it has the full range of movements on both standards. It was designed for digital, but it never did well in the marketplace. Toyo was slowly failing at that point in its history...
  4. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

I also dwell among the rabbits in their hole. ;) Outside of a lab environment with a lot of expensive equipment, I think it's impossible to create anything approaching a truly correct setup. However, sometimes very good gets the job done. In my setup, the wall is relatively straight (as much...
  5. rdeloe

A macro lens for the view camera

I hope so, but I just don't see how that would work. At some point his domain registration and web hosting bill is going to come due. When it's not paid, the site will go down. He was such a nice guy. I learned a lot from his site and from him. So friendly and helpful. :(
  6. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

I use the camera I'm using the lens on. Currently I use a Fuji GFX 100S. This creates a special issue that seems to be unique to me, which is that the thick cover glass of the GFX cameras must be taken into account. There's a point at which it's not an issue; empirically and very roughly, I'd...
  7. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

A frequent complaint I read when people are adapting lenses is that the lens is bad because it has "tilted elements", which seems to be a generic stand-in for all manner of ills (most of which are not actually tilted elements). What people don't realize is how an extremely tiny alignment or...
  8. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

The Compur 0 shutters I'm using clearly have a way of controlling the size of the maximum aperture because the shutters were configured for the focal length of the lenses they contained (in my case, both were 100mm lenses). There's lots more room for larger apertures in the aperture mechanisms...
  9. rdeloe

Greetings from Ontario, Canada

Welcome from a fellow Ontario photographer!
  10. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

I think that one thing you may get from Greiner or Rodenstock is what I think of as "true best". The people who adjust these lenses all the time should have a good understanding of what the very best that is possible looks like. People who do "one off" adjustments for specific lenses can never...
  11. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

For sure, but my point was it doesn't matter. I suppose if you had a box of shutters and wanted to find the one that had the shortest length you could measure them all with a dial gauge. I don't do this a lot (moving cells into new housings), so an empirical approach works (insert the cells and...
  12. rdeloe

A macro lens for the view camera

Have you been to Robert O'Toole's Closeup Photography site? I feel like I've suggested it before, but I don't trust my memory. Robert passed away recently -- a big loss for the photography community -- but his site hasn't degraded yet. https://www.closeuphotography.com/ Robert was very...
  13. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

To the excellent information here provided by Ben and others, I can add a couple point in no particular order. My Compur 0 shutter has plastic rings like the ones in Warren's picture that prevent some cells going all the way down. I ran into this when remounting my APO-Digitar 35mm L-88 cells...
  14. rdeloe

Behind the scenes

I especially enjoy the colour palette -- warm light on the mountains and cool light on the ocean. Lovely.
  15. rdeloe

Medium Format Pets

If you're asking her, no way! Way too little food. Practically none. Days without food. Sometimes weeks. If she could operate a phone, she'd call the authorities to complain!