The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by robmac

1. R

Using Flash w/907x

Using a phono pin (2.5 or 3.5mm) and/or PC socket to trigger a flash does not allow TTL. The connection is just a simple trigger circuit. It's no different than shorting the pins on the bottom of the radio trigger yourself with a piece of wire. It's as 'dumb' a trigger method as exists. TTL...
  2. R

The great tripod & head thread!

I've played with adding legs to existing Novo legs or using a short leg as an emergency center column on a regular basis. The tops of all the legs are 1/4-20" male on a small 'shoulder' for stability and the bottoms are 3/8-16" female. If using 1/4-20 to 3/8-16" adapters, try and use the...
  3. R

The great tripod & head thread!

We use the Novo compact and the Pro75 with a gripped GFX and H5D-40 and love them. we also picked up a set of short legs. The construction is top-notch and the modularity makes the system exceptionally flexible and packing much easier. The ability to whip a leg off for use as a monopod can...
  4. R

SOLD: Hasselblad HC 120 Macro Mark II Lens US$1600

US$1600 - a hell of a price for one hell of a lens. Just wish I had more need for it.
  5. R

Bump, and lets try US$1650 (same terms as op) for giggles.
  6. R

Issue with GF 120mm Macro?

In looking at the rainbow-esque effect of the line it may be the way light is reflecting off of the 'glossy yet textured' plastic of the cap. I'd try shooting something else black or shoot the cap from directly above. weird.
  7. R

SOLD Fotodiox Pro Mamiya 645 -> Fuji G Adapter US$80

My apologies, it was sold and I forgot to pull the ad. Great adapter though.
  8. R

This glass is starting to feel like the pretty girl at the dance no one wants to ask... Lets try US$1700 and give it a home where it will see proper use.
  9. R

Rare Hasselblad Macro Converter H US$745

Lets try US$745 for giggles.
  10. R

Rare Hasselblad Macro Converter H US$745

Up at us$795
  11. R

Price now US$1750.
  12. R

Hasselblad vs GFX system

We use the H5D-40 and GFX50S. Not a direct comparison to what you're looking at, but our 'findings' have been interesting. I do tend to agree on the impact of the lenses on images - the GF lens are very, very sharp and Images can look 'crisp'. BUT, you have the added benefit with Fuji of using...