The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by RodK

1. R

Beginner Digital View Camera

Look at the Arca-Swiss Universalis. It is a precise modular camera for either digital backs or Mirrorless DSLRs. Very light and compact with most movements geared.
  2. R

Malefic 6x17 camera - experiences?

Use Liquid nails to glue in and then a quick release plate ever after.
  3. R

Leafes

Stanley, Very nice! Rod
  4. R

WTB: Arca Swiss Rm3Di -EU

Jettad on the forum has a nice one for sale.
  5. R

Behind the scenes

We have been doing this for several years. You might take a look. arcaswissusa on Instagram.
  6. R

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

The snow pictures in B&W would benefit from an Orange filter as the filter helps pick up the texture of the snow. The snow is just a touch dull and smooth. Otherwise nice images. Rod
  7. R

Normal to 1:1 product shoots with IQ4-150mp : XF 120mm BR vs SK 120mm Apo Digitar M with X Shutter

The 120mm ASPH is fantastic at distance as well as up close. I have heard there were discussions to replace the Macro 120 with the ASPH. When it was going to be announced, My boss in France sent the ASPH to me to test as he did not have time. I set it up, as it was not R mounted yet, on my...
  8. R

FS: Arca Swiss F Classic 4x5

Camera is a 171 series with Monorail original rails Appears to circa 1985-1989. You might note at least it is 171 series.
  9. R

Schneider Super Symmar 120mm HM 5.6 lens

The 110mm is a good lens usually, but both it and the 80mm have been having issues over the last few years. They seem to have been constructed using a bad batch of Balsom or whatever cement they used to cement elements together. This batch in a percentage of specimens of these lenses has been...
  10. R

FS: Arca Swiss Rm3di - PRICE REDUCED TO SELL

Yes Credo bodies with the correct adapter plate will be completely compatible. Rod
  11. R

CFVii50c strange artefacts and pattern

The Rode 35mm has always had a red wavelength issue as well, meaning you need to increase Depth of Focus to help clean it up and sharpen it. With a 50-60mp back you can do this at F11, but when you get to 100mp F8 is a pretty hard limit for best quality on the Rode 35. So it does not perform...
  12. R

270mm lens for 8x10 camera.

Congo was another brand name that was similar to the Computar offerings.
  13. R

270mm lens for 8x10 camera.

The 270mm G-Claron will cover, but not much movement(IC 335mm) you need about 305 to cover the film. The Kowa and Computer offerings seem to be 4 element Tessar variations and would also probably have limited image circles. The G-Clarons were designed for close work and as such large enlargement...
  14. R

Beginner view camera with digital back

You could also look at an Arca-Swiss Universalis 6x9. Geared movements and MicroOrbix tilt. Modular so can change formats as well.
  15. R

RE: Phase One DF+ shutter sticks / doesnt drop when back is attached

You might us a q-tip to clean the contacts between the body and the back, and the battery contacts as well. Also, how old are your batteries for the back? They do have a finite cycle life.