The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by RodK

1. R

WTB: Computar 210mm f9 lens

May I ask why? These lenses are very flat in contrats compared to more well known brands and the color contrast especially, is quite poor. A Rodenstock Apo-Sironar N is much better and more common.
  2. R

Hello. I have tested the Pentax 645 FA and it does have a bit of distortion this can be cleared...

Hello. I have tested the Pentax 645 FA and it does have a bit of distortion this can be cleared Post easily. Pentax HD FA645 35mm F3.5 AL (IF) THis is the one we found best
  3. R

FS: Arca Swiss F-line GFX version

Sorry, I missed it. Mea Culpa. It is a F-line. I couldn't get my computer to enlarge the images yesterday...
  4. R

GFX Camera can use the Canon TSE 17mm, 24mm, 50mm, and 90mm, on Arca-Swiss Aperture control boards with about 7-8mm movement using the L bracket. Also the 35mm FA Pentax 645 lens, allows lots of movement, as well.
  5. R

Camera is an M-Two model. Do you have more monorails?
  6. R

Arca swiss R-line Lens tube

We also have the Bellows kits which make easy work for close-ups. Shown with accessory lens shade and reflex viewer.
  7. R

Extension Boxes for Arca Swiss R/Factum...

As the R was not designed actually for Macro, there is not so much available. However we do have a Bellows kit with low profile rear carrier for the R camera. these are available in both classic(rear manual rise), and Metric (rear geared rise). They do not offer rear Tilt, or Swing in order to...
  8. R

Arca swiss R-line Lens tube

Using these any old way, will not be very accurate. The tubes are matched to the individual lens. You can try it with live view, but, as I said, not as accurate as a calibrated lens setup. With digital you cannot stop the lens down like one did with film cameras, which increased DOF(depth of...
  9. R

Beginner Digital View Camera

You might look at the Arca-Swiss M-Two or Universalis. The first is fully geared and using movements does not alter the perspective. The Universalis, having rise on Both the front and rear, will alter perspective a bit if rise or fall used on the front, but very light and compact. Adapters for...
  10. R

Experiences with Schneider Kreuznach 28mm F2.8 L-92° MC Lens?

There are no physical issues with this 28mm, it is true. But optically very poor.
  11. R

The 24mm is the Canon. Sorry
  12. R

The Schneider 28mm 2.8 is a very poor lens with lots of color cast and distortion. Not even close to the 28mm 5.6 XL or the Rodenstock 28mm. I have had 2 sent in to me for R mounting and I tested before sending to France and they were so bad I told the customer to save his money for a different...
  13. R

I have a graphic kowa 270 mm lens and would like to mount in copal shutter.

I would consult SK Grimes. They may not have a shutter, but they may have some advice on removing it from the DB mount.
  14. R

Leica MP - Black Paint or Chrome

Try Camera West near Rancho Mirage. They have a great relationship with Leica. Sean Cranor is the best!