The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rsinclair

1. R

Worried about lack of tilt... Phase One XT vs. Arca RM3dii

Hi, Like you, tilt is my friend in some of my landscapes, although not always (think within forests and trees) and I love my Rm with the Rodie 40 and 90; the 40 practically lives on the body. And like you, I'm not so much a focus stacker, although have had to resort on occasion. And also like...
  2. R

C1 20 (13.1) Problem - Color Editor on layers disappear

Not sure if you're responding to the OP or my post immediately preceding yours, but I'm using the current, 13.1.1.24 build. The layer's application method is removed following an exit from the program or at times simply going to another image and then returning to the adjusted/layered image...
  3. R

C1 20 (13.1) Problem - Color Editor on layers disappear

I'm finding in C1 20 that any and all layer adjustments of any kind no longer appear once one has exited the program and later return. The layers are there, but any masks no longer appear. The adjustments appear in the adjusted areas but the masks do not. As an eg, if I make a gradient mask...
  4. R

How do you protect your tech cam from ghastly weather conditions?

Here's the link to the Hestra glove I used as a liner within the mitts (and their liner) > Yes, 3 layers + hand warmers (required by my guide). https://en-us.hestragloves.com/products/39460-100-windstopper-tracker-5-finger-black I suppose technically they are not a liner and are actually a...
  5. R

I wish I could tell you which model, but alas they have way too many on their site and I'm not seeing them. But I don't think it's the one you mention as I don't recall a mesh material. They're stored for the summer, but if I can remember, I'll seek them out and respond. _Robert
  6. R

I considered it would be understood in my post they were used as liners... "...my fingers remained warm enough for the few seconds required to make the shot before stuffing them back into my mitts." _Robert
  7. R

Hi Paul, Your question(s) cover many different conditions. Arctic cold, rain forests, and deserts are all very different. Here's my experiences... COLD: This year and winter in the high Arctic from mid-Feb to mid-Mar w/ XT and XF. There is no moisture (its all frozen) when its always below...
  8. R

How to avoid blur during stormy winds

Hi Frank, Wonderful image. I find myself in windy conditions frequently, shooting panos, long exposures, etc., and also use the IQ4150 and the IQ4150 Achro on Arca's and XT. Because the IQ4150 w/ Rodie's and S-K's produces stunningly sharp images, I really try to avoid using the E-shutter and...
  9. R

In love with Phaseone XT

Hi Lorenzo and congratulations on the purchase of your XT + 32. Your photographs are splendid and like others here, I look forward to seeing the progress of your current project. That said, we are all ready to get out and freely shoot again! At the risk of sounding like I'm hijacking your...
  10. R

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

M10 Monochrom Summilux-21mm/ISO 8000/f11/ 1/500/yellow filter
  11. R

Where I get to spend my post-Arctic travel quarantine time. At +40F, its 70 degrees warmer than where I left. Leica M10 Monochrom/21mm/ISO 5000/250th/f11/dark red filter Cheers, _Robert
  12. R

M10 Monochrom in the High Arctic taking on subzero temps (F) and the Aurora... Snowmobile Refueling @ 5am Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Northernmost Norway Summicron-M 28mm ISO 5000 f? 1/90 Aurora N1 Summilux-M 21mm ISO 1600 f1.4 8sec Aurora N2 Summilux-M 21mm ISO 1600 f1.4 8sec
  13. R

LR 9.2 ... IQ4 150 now supported!

Steve, Thanks for the comment. I did check for Roden's but they're not on the dropdown list. I prefer C1 anyway, but am currently working with someone that doesn't have it so we were hoping this LR update would offer a solution for him to view the IIQ's. He can view the IQ4's, but not the...
  14. R

LR 9.2 ... IQ4 150 now supported!

The LR update w/ IQ4150 DOES recognize IQ4150 IIQ's, but DOES NOT recognize IQ4150 Achromatic IIQ's so they cannot be imported, nor does it include the XT Rodenstock lenses in the Lens Corrections. _RS