The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by RVB

1. RVB

Leica Service

Could you send it direct to Germany if it happens again? Turnaround is way faster, i had a motor replaced and it was just over a week,UPS or FedEx could get it to Wetzlar very fast, I also rang direct and got call back from an engineer, very fast too. Rob
  2. RVB

Nikon 105 f/1.4 -- Yummy !!!

Lens rentals have said this "From an MTF standpoint, this is the sharpest f/1.4 lens Nikon has made. It may be the sharpest f/1.4 lens, period." Here's the link.. https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/11/nikon-105mm-f1-4-e-mtf-bench-tests/ I received mine a few days ago but haven't tested it...
  3. RVB

Capture One or LR6?

"I truly find it amazing that C1 uses that color space as a default." Isn't the color space based on the chosen profile in the output recipe? I think you can also change it in the "View" section under "proof profiles".. screen grab attached.
  4. RVB

Capture One 9.1.1 Crashes all the time!!!

Do you think hardware acceleration could have something to do with this? Thats if it's enabled?
  5. RVB

Capture One 9.1.1 Crashes all the time!!!

Have you tried trashing the preference files and restarting the app?? Rob
  6. RVB

Polite question to Leica S and Pentax 645 users, what software do you use?

This is an sample of the same S007 file opened in LR 6.5 and C1 9, LR is the default raw converter but C1 did a much better job of darling with chroma noise in the deep shadows. Both are unadjusted except for +100 shadows,LR uses embedded profile,both are zoomed @ 200% and the point of focus is...
  7. RVB

Polite question to Leica S and Pentax 645 users, what software do you use?

C1P works quite well on the S but you'll have no lens profiles and I find LR better for Skin tone's, LR is the default converter for the S and probably the best bet,it also allows tethering unlike C1P. Rob
  8. RVB

New Leica S firmware

Today Leica released the new Firmware version 2.0.0.1 and Image Shuttle 3.1,there is also a plug in for LR available in owners area. Details of update.. CONTENT OF LEICA S (TYP 007) FIRMWARE 2.0.0.1 Release date: November 2015 _ Improved auto focus performance especially in poor...
  9. RVB

Leica SL (601) ..Oct 20th?

Size looks ok,from the reaction on the comments section of some sites I thought it was going to be huge..looks very manageable when compared to the 5DS!! Rob
  10. RVB

Leica S-E versus Sony A7R, or even A7RII

One major bonus of the 007 (at least for some people) is the 3.5 fps!
  11. RVB

Leica S-E versus Sony A7R, or even A7RII

Louis,I would buy into the S system and built up your lens collection over time,you have AF and leaf shutters and in a couple of yrs even the 007 will be affordable as tech moves forward. The S can also use Hasselblad,Contax and Pentax glass. Rob
  12. RVB

Leica S (007) starts career at significantly lower price...

It didn't take long.. ;) diglloyd: Sony A7R II: the EVF (and why Canon and Nikon suck and are clueless about what is useful)
  13. RVB

B&H say August 31st on the placeholder and my own dealer here in Europe says expected delivery is 1st week of sept.
  14. RVB

No surprise given that the official release date is august 31st,I'm waiting on one. Rob
  15. RVB

NEW Leica S-E for $6000

The lense tech isnt old and that matters most as bodies come and go,buying into this system now and accessing the great glass allows you to move onto the 007 when the prices fall as they surely will. Rob