The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Sanford Lavine

1. Sanford Lavine

Problem reading an SD card with Images form an X1D MkII

Has anyone had a problem with a Windows 10 PC reading an SD card with images from an X1D MkII? After insertion, Windows can’t open the card but says that the card must formatted. I tried opening it with two different laptops using both built-in and external card readers. Card is a SanDisk...
  2. Sanford Lavine

Fun with Q2 shots

Can I post images taken with the original Q here?
  3. Sanford Lavine

907x 50c now available

Wish the CFV II 50C was available separately.
  4. Sanford Lavine

Fun with Leica SL2

SL2 75mm SL Summicron
  5. Sanford Lavine

Filter holder / system

I like the Wine Country system for holding Breakthrough filters. It’s a bit heavy though, so when I travel I use the Breakthrough filter holder.
  6. Sanford Lavine

Leica M10-R

My initial reaction to the M10R was very different to my reaction to the M10M. I owned an M10. But since my early love for my M3 and B&W, I had been waiting for a Monochrom. I was disappointed with it’s predecessors for one reason or another. I loved everything about the M10 and would have...
  7. Sanford Lavine

To those with new Mono, any lens failing to pass muster?

I’ve been enjoying my M10 M for months. I will close with a list of lenses I’ve used with this camera, but would like to say that I’m very pleased with the resulting images from all. I do read lens reviews and rely on Edwin Putts excellent reference information. However, I choose a particular...
  8. Sanford Lavine

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Yosemite Valley Morning
  9. Sanford Lavine

Fun with Leica SL2

February Bloom, Howell Mountain, California. SL2, 50mm APO
  10. Sanford Lavine

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Randolph Street Napa, California. M10 Monochrom 50mm APO
  11. Sanford Lavine

My Take on the new Leica SL2

Jono, I think your review was perfect. As a photographer who loves the current SL after switching to it from an M10. I currently only use M lenses and am happy the SL2 plays well with them. The addition of in camera IBIS certainly makes it attractive. I also love the ergonomics of the SL and...
  12. Sanford Lavine

Hasselblad X1D MkII Firmware update

Hasselblad has just released the first firmware update for the X1D MkII and because of an upcoming workshop I am trying to decide if I should perform it now or wait till I return. I’m interested in hearing from anyone who has performed the update. Any problems or surprises? Any features not...
  13. Sanford Lavine

Preferred Filter Choice

I’ve been using the Breakthrough filters. I use the X4 circular ND and Polarizing filters as well as the square ND and rectangular GND filters with great success. I chose to use the Wine Country holder system with the square and rectangular filters. It is a robust system, but heavy to travel...
  14. Sanford Lavine

Medium Format and Coffee

Freshly roasted beans, a course grind with a burr grinder, water at the right temperature and a French Press. I usually only drink one cup a day, but a proper cup starts my day off properly.
  15. Sanford Lavine

Hasselblad X1D MkII Initial thoughts

First to answer the upgrade question. After having the camera in use for five days, I have to say as a whole the upgrade works for me. Some of the improvements are pretty obvious, some are subtle. I can’t say the MKII camera alone will make better images than the MkI. Same sensor, and basic...