The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Shashin

1. Shashin

Solidarity with Ukraine

So you are saying the only way for Russia to have security is to invade a sovereign nation? And more to the point, to lie about the threat (actually, Putin is saying they are invading because the Jewish president is a Neo-NAZI and a drug addict). You say the US invasion of Iraq is illegitimate...
  2. Shashin

Solidarity with Ukraine

Thorkill, please show me two things. A situation where (1) NATO invaded another European country and (2) a situation the Soviets/Russians invaded a European country. Then compere those lists. I completely disagree with your assessment. You really have not studied Russian history or been...
  3. Shashin

Solidarity with Ukraine

So what is the answer? We ignore the Russian invasion of Ukraine because other people have done bad things as well? (And yes, there were journalist that were and still are critical of the Iraq war, both inside and outside the US.) So, the question remains, should we ignore the brutality of...
  4. Shashin

Solidarity with Ukraine

Yes, this is not an easy conversation. And it is impressive you are doing this in a second language. The article in your link is 6 years old and has nothing about the justification of war. It also states that at that time much of the issues are a result of Putin. And Perry is discussing this...
  5. Shashin

Pentax 645 A 120 Macro or Pentax-A 645 150mm F3.5 Which one to keep

As you said both are excellent. I am not sure you have a bad choice. I guess my most important criteria would be minimum focus distance, which is related to how tight you shoot portraits. Beyond that, I can see weight an important factor. The other possibility is not to make a decision now until...
  6. Shashin

📷 Leica Q2, keep or sell? 📷

+1 No matter how nice a camera, if it does not inspire me, I just don't use it. The camera just has to click--every pun intended. Sometimes I think something might be different, and then I get the opportunity to learn something I already knew.
  7. Shashin

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Fur break... This is our 12-year old Newf. She is really focused on another dog. Hikari is doing really well for her age.
  8. Shashin

HELP fujifilms s10 focus assist is disabled !

Have you changed the shoot without lens setting in the setup menu?
  9. Shashin

Fun with MF images 2022

Same day, different time... The magnolia buds would freeze during the night, turning them brown.
  10. Shashin

Fun with MF images 2022

The good news is it didn't rain on Saturday...
  11. Shashin

GFX100S w/ Mamiya 7 lenses

I would imagine the Mamiya 7 lenses to perform well. If you have those lenses, it would certainly be worth trying. However, I would not buy Mamiya 7 lenses over the native Fuji ones.
  12. Shashin

Good by

The irony about how much traffic this post has generate is not lost on me. To leave and then become popular is kind of funny.
  13. Shashin

Underwater camera recommendations?

The effective focal length (to be accurate, the field of view) is longer underwater than on land. 18mm on an APS-C camera is not going to be very expansive.
  14. Shashin

What inspires you? How do you translate that inspiration into your visuals?

Just to throw a question out: is photography deductive or inductive? Are you making the world conform to your interpretation or are you taking what you see and interpreting that?
  15. Shashin

Solidarity with Ukraine

Thorkil, thank you for that. Actually, I doubt the world will survive. We have huge existential crises facing the world right now and we are not doing anything. If history is anything to go by, then there is going to be a great deal of suffering I am very grateful the Russian's fought with the...