The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by SimonW

1. SimonW

Performance issues?

It's actually not great for sites when users use 3rd party services to host images because if you choose to close your account with the service (or have it closed for breach of terms) or it goes out of business then those images stop showing and it can make evergreen discussions that bring in...
  2. SimonW

Performance issues?

I should actually double-check this but by default Xenforo embeds these images although it does still create a thumbnail and it stores some data in the database. It can actually pull the image from these services and store it locally but I didn't specifically set that but as I haven't doubled...
  3. SimonW

Performance issues?

The site already takes your full-res imagines and converts them to a smaller more manageable size before permanently storing them. As with any kind of manipulation of files, it's better to start with as good a quality as possible as you then lose less noticeable quality during the process
  4. SimonW

Performance issues?

It's hard to give advanced notice when it's an emergency situation that we weren't expected
  5. SimonW

Performance issues?

Unless you are counting some periods where the forums up but is closed then any downtime has generally been less than an hour after I'm informed of an issue. There are times when we need to do things to resolve issues which if the forums open and people are surfing and posting would just cause...
  6. SimonW

dodgy messages

hmmm, that shouldn’t have been possible as we have turned the ability to send PM's off on the default usergroup (with proper Members moved To another usergroup when they have met some metrics to prove they are real)
  7. SimonW

Photos not uploading

8. SimonW

Spam appearing on site

You do have permission to access it so it should be showing. I've run a permissions rebuild to see if that sorts it. Let me know if it’s now showing
  9. SimonW

Spam appearing on site

Oh and for any mods or Admins. If you see any spam on a thread use the Spam option that should be at the bottom of the post as shown in the attached image. That will remove the post, ban the user, remove all their other posts, show any duplicate accounts that you can then ban and will submit...
  10. SimonW

Spam appearing on site

Please use the report feature if you see any. Hopefully the mods will then see it (plus it lets me see it and I can add any words from the post that are obviously spam to the spam word list
  11. SimonW

Igor's Camera Exchange- good or bad experience?

Just so people know as some people reported it as spam the message according to google translate says Not very honest. I wanted to buy something from him twice, and when I contacted him via email and said that the wrong price was posted, the price immediately increased. That's obviously not...
  12. SimonW

Forum Software Upgrade

Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera on Windows Safari, Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Brave on Max Safari on iOS/IpadOS Chrome on Android
  13. SimonW

Forum Software Upgrade

Is that any better? On the dark style I've made the read links a white that's got a bit of a grey tint. It's should be subtle enough that its not too glaring but differentiates a bit better
  14. SimonW

Forum Software Upgrade

The problem is if we do that then we are going to have others who want it the other way. If you are logged in it should remember what one you last used.
  15. SimonW

Forum Software Upgrade

Working fine for me. As shown by this post here