The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by sj2w1

1. S

Let's see some abstracts

2. S

Photographing Wild Horses help please!

There are a bunch of places where wild herds can be found. i know of herds in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and the Dakotas. I've photographed the herd near Cold Creek, NV when I was at Nellis. It was an easy herd to find because they're usually close to the road with the bonus of the road...
  3. S

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

I completely agree with you on this one.
  4. S

Let's see some abstracts

Contrary to the belief of most, this is a single exposure.
  5. S

Let's see some abstracts

Thank you so much.
  6. S

Let's see some abstracts

7. S

Limited Editions

I've been doing my runs as total prints of an image regardless of size or substrate. If I do a run of say 25 prints, there are only 25 prints ever sold. I don't count test proofs to get to the final as I destroy them during the proofing process.
  8. S

How about some portraits

H3DII-31, HC 50-110.
  9. S

Sharpest paper?

The only gloss paper I use is Moab Slickrock, I like how colors pop and details print well on it. I run an IPF 6400. B/W results have been more hit & miss, enough that I avoid it and use cotton rag matte papers. I'm trying Hahnemühle's photo Luster hoping to find a versatile paper for both B/W...
  10. S

Hasselblad H4 parts or repair source.

I ended up cutting a piece from a clear plastic storage container that was 0.039" thick. I applied enough heat to get it pliable enough to from to the body curve with finger pressure and trimmed to fit. It sits flush with the body using 3M 468MP. I tried using a plastic lens from a pair of...
  11. S

Best 100mm filter holders for landscape photography

Another ding for the Breakthrough holder is there isn't a 95mm ring that it will fit on that I've found.
  12. S

I’m going to use a heat gun to shape some plexiglass to the body’s curve. Then trim the piece to fit. I’ll either use the 3m tape, epoxy, or instant adhesive to affix the replacement lens. I have a few projects to finish before I’ll get a chance to work on this though. I’m hoping to get to it in...
  13. S

FS: Hasselblad H5D-50C Body and 2 Lenses Excellent + Condition Low Shutter Count GREAT DEAL

rollsman44. Wonderful dealing, great communication and went the extra mile to make a smooth tranasction. I can't recommend him enough. Thank you, Steve.
  14. S

Fun with MF images 2021

Thanks Dave.
  15. S

Thanks Citizin, guess I'll be on the lookout for a parts body. I figured that was what I'd probably end up having to do. That or attempt to fabricate a replacement. But, tape will work in the meantime.