The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by sj2w1

1. S

Fun with MF images 2024

Working on an photo essay. X1DII | XCD 30 and HC 80
  2. S

Fun with MF images 2024

X1DII | XCD 30
  3. S

Fun with MF images 2024

Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD, Leaf Credo 40, 180 Kl
  4. S

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Canon 1Ds mkII, Zeiss 50mm 1.4 Milvus
  5. S

Fun with MF images 2024

X1DII , HC 210
  6. S

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

For the cheap side, I like my Helios 44-2. Picked it up for $25 a while back and have used it in a couple editorial fashion gigs. Used H series glass is hard to beat now that they can be had at a bargain.
  7. S

Behind the scenes

This is in the Hells Hollow part of McConnell’s Mill. I do live literally just over the border, it’s a mile down the road. Name a place & time and I’ll be there.
  8. S

Behind the scenes

Nothing great.
  9. S

Why did you buy your latest camera?

It made feel like I had accomplished something. But, I of course didn’t except add a little more regret to the pile.
  10. S

How about more and more fun with Canon...

1Ds, 50 1.8
  11. S

Digital medium format in 2024 – it's not dead!

I just wish the larger senors had won out. It seems 33x44 is the standard now. At least there's still used stuff and Phase One as a holdout for now. But as I see it this is a niche market that is contracting more than it expands. It could change if the format takes hold in the cinema/video...
  12. S

Fun with MF images 2024

Have you considered using the HTS with H lenses.
  13. S

C1 and Photoshop issues

It turned out that Adobe RAW was set to Pro Photo instead of Adobe RGB. Now I need to get adobe RAW to not open the TIFF file because it's not applying C1 settings to the image being opened. This is occurring whether or not it's color or BW. Thanks to the color space suggestion because I never...
  14. S

C1 and Photoshop issues

I've been trying out C1 in an attempt to replace Lightroom. I processed a BW image and when I transfer it to photoshop it opens up in a brown tone. I opened it with the windows photo viewer and it comes up correctly in BW. I'm kind of lost as to why it opens in photoshop in a brown cast.