The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Speedgraphic

1. S

FS: 180mm 2.8 PQ + 1.4x Longar Extender For Rollei Hy6/600x

I'm selling my Scheider 180mm 2.8 Tele-Xenotar PQ and it's companion 1.4x extender. This will work on pretty much all 600x and Hy6 cameras. It's the manual focus version and the focus is super smooth. The glass is clean, so is the body of the lens. It's in really excellent condition. I'm...
  2. S

FS: Hy6 Mod 2 Kit + 50/2.8 and 180/2.8

I'm selling an extensive Hy6 Mod 2 kit that includes many extras. Hy6 Mod 2 body. 6060 back. Extra insert. WLF. 45 Degree prism (green Leaf AFi version) 9mm ext tube. Metz flash. 80mm 2.8 AFD Xenotar w/ hood. 2 batteries plus charger. The condition of the camera is used but generally great...
  3. S

WTB: Durst Sigma Plus - Complete

I'm looking for a Durst Sigma Plus film scanner. It must be complete and working properly. Preferably with the Fuji Image Intelligence dongle. You should be able to demo it working over video chat and be able to ship it if needed, but I am a serious buyer.
  4. S

Leica SL adds Multishot capability 187MP

For static subjects the pixel shifted files are superior in every way. 4 of the captures are for RGB pixel data, so no bayer interpolation, then 4 are for increasing the resolution of the file. The system works well...but again, for static subjects. It's great for still life. However even...
  5. S

Wooden grip for P67 II : compatibility with previous body versions ?

Yes, but of course the TTL capabilities won't be present. You can mount the grip but the cords won't have anything to connect to.
  6. S

Plans for using Medium Format for the next 12 months?

I run a lab here in Maine called Northeast Photographic (www.northeastphotographic.com). We are in our 3rd year of operation. Growth has been steady month after month excepting the slower winter periods. Who knows what the global recession is going to bring, but April was our 2nd biggest...
  7. S

Scanning MF Film with MF Digital System

150mp back with bayer interpolation thereby reducing the actual resolution. Not so important when photographing in the field, more important when scanning. "Their" cameras are listed on the site. They have names that make them sound like test planes but they're taking tech camera lenses and...
  8. S

I would say Doug is selling a system based on the complete accuracy of reproduction. Where as I am describing the kind of system a normal photographer would want which is more like printing. I'm both trying to reproduce a chrome accurately within good aesthetic reason, and enhancing the image...
  9. S

Another thing I like about designing your own camera scanning system is the flexibility it gives you when it comes to resolution. In this case I wanted to see what a really high res scan of 6x6 E100 looked like, so I did 2x pixel shift scans and stitched them. It sort of feels more like you're...
  10. S

There is also the risk that people who have experience with camera scanning will point out that their solution is suboptimal and that better results can be achieved with different components. Though it is tough to break through the "most expensive = best" bias.
  11. S

I believe this is the basis of the stand they are using: https://www.cambo.com/en/repro-system/rps-repro-stand-system/ The only price I could find was in Euro and it was about 5600ish. The film holders are probably custom. Sounds like their LED is as well. The scans I posted above are with...
  12. S

Since the OP was talking about slides I realized I should use Provia 100F as an example. This was shot with a Chamonix 45N-2 and a Schneider 150/5.6 APO Symmar and a small strobe on a boom. I shot it as part of a project on the Maine State Prison a year or so ago...
  13. S

Here is what I would describe as a 'quick n dirty' scan of a 5x7 Portra 160 negative. It was made with my new Chamonix 5x7N and the Schneider 120/8 Super Angulon. I scanned it with my S1R on a copy stand in pixel shift mode. The lens was a Sigma 70/2.8 ART macro at 5.6 over a Kaiser Slimlight...
  14. S

The Negative Supply panel has a higher CRI than the Photon and you can see their 15 color test right on the site. :toocool: https://www.negative.supply/light
  15. S

Well I don't know what multishot systems they would have used as comparison points since these cameras I mention are relatively new and you've been selling the repro set up for quite a bit longer. I would guess these companies wanted a purpose built product that delivered an extremely high...