The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by spijker

1. S

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

Nice, I grew up in Schoonhoven, a nice small town on the river Lek.
  2. S

B+W film suggestion

What format are you planning to use; 120, 35mm, sheets? If it's 120 or 35mm, I'd suggest Ilford XP2. It's developed in the C41 (color negative) process so practically every lab can do it. It also scans easily and allows the scanner to use ICE for dust removal. That saves you a lot of hassle with...
  3. S

help identifying a capacitor on a Rollei Hy6

The 10-pin 74TI BFM IC is probably a switching voltage regulator/converter since there's an inductor and some transistors on the other side of the PCB. Probably supplying the NXP microprocessor with the right voltage. If that is the case, then there's a good chance that the same circuit is used...
  4. S

help identifying a capacitor on a Rollei Hy6

Maybe try contacting DW-Photo: https://www.dw-photo.eu/service.html I recently saw a short German TV documentary on them. It seems to be a nice and dedicated group of people running what's left of the original Rollei. Given the circumstances they might be willing to look up the value/voltage of...
  5. S

How about just plain fun for a change? Can you spot the Leica?

Anyone recognizes the beautiful railway station from which the train departs? Where in France is this? I don't really care about the Leica. :D Edit: found it. It's Gare de Limoges-Bénédictins.
  6. S

On the piano (nudity)

A few more images from the photo shoot with Minh-Li. Part 1 was posted here. Given the content, I thought it would be better to post this in a new thread instead of adding it to the People and Portraits Photos Pool. Canon 5Dmk2 with a Tamron 45mm F/1.8 lens. Lighting was done with two...
  7. S

People and Portraits Photos Pool

From a shoot with Minh-Li in Ottawa, summer 2018. Canon 5Dmk2 with Tamron 45mm F/1.8 lens. Lighting was done with two Godox AD200 flashes; one in a 75cm Octabox, the other in a medium stripbox.
  8. S

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

:ROTFL:
  9. S

Ah, that's closer to home than I thought. I was thinking of a BW in Germany, not good old Rotjeknor, my former home town. :D As a teenager, I've seen and photographed the 23 023 many times. In high school I even made super 8 movie about the SSN loks. That must have been around 1979. Good...
  10. S

Nice! Where is this depot? Are these loks a 41 and a 23?
  11. S

Side street in Tlaquepaque, Mexico.
  12. S

New Adox film, HR-50

Looks interesting. I'll check it out on the photokina in 3 weeks.
  13. S

Nice! The locomotive is discretely peeing. :D I didn't know of this place even though I cycled through the area many times on my Sunday rides through the dunes when I still lived in Zoetermeer. I'll check it out in August when we're back in the Netherlands on vacation.
  14. S

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Is that BW Darmstadt-Kranichstein?
  15. S

I've been mostly a lurker here so far. But as a train fan I thought I'd make a contribution to this thread. These are pictures that I took in August 2016 while on vacation in the Black Forest in Germany. Every Sunday in July and August, there's a steam train of the Eisenbahnfreunde Zollernbahn...