The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by spotmeter

1. S

Question about 4K codec Sony A6300

I have my camera set to 4K for movie mode, XAVC S, 100M. When I inserted the memory card into my computer card reader, the files were all MPEG 4. I am confused about what has happened. Why would the files be recorded as MPEG 4 when I specified XAVC s in the menu?
  2. S

Hasselblad CFV50 v. CFV50c?

I really like the colors that my CFV50 produces, but I hate the small LCD on the back and that I don't have Live View to check focus. Now Hassy has come out with a CMOS back, the CFV50c. I am concerned that the colors may not be as good as the CCD sensor in the CFV50. Anyone have experience...
  3. S

Weight of 85mm Otus

I am thinking about getting the 85mm Otus for my Nikon D810, but my concern is that the lens weighs more than the camera. Normally a heavy lens like this would have a means to mount on a tripod and hang the lighter body off the back of it. But the Otus does not offer this option. Anyone have...
  4. S

'BACK' message on CFV-50 LCD--what does it mean?

Thanks, Paul. Wonder why they didn't say BATT? Would have been self-explanatory.
  5. S

'BACK' message on CFV-50 LCD--what does it mean?

I was out shooting my 501CM with its new CFV-50 back when a flashing yellow box with the word BACK in black letter appeared on the LCD screen. I turned off the back and turned it on again--and again the flashing yellow box with BACK in it. I looked through the manual and could not find any...
  6. S

Insurance for medium format?

Thanks, Egor. Phase One tries to squeeze as much money out of you that they can IMHO.
  7. S

Thanks, Charles. Any experience with loss claims with this company?
  8. S

We are in the US and are not looking for a rider on our homeowner's policy as we have already maxed out our rider. We are looking for a company that insures camera equipment.
  9. S

I have recently purchased my first medium format digital back and I am looking for insurance. Any recommendations for an insurance company? Particularly looking for recommendations from those who have filed claims with their insurance company.
  10. S

Panniers for medium format system

I have a Hasselblad 501cm and eight lenses that I want to carry on my bicycle. I am hoping to find two padded panniers for the rear rack for the lenses and a quick release bag for the camera that will attach to the front handlebars. All should have handles so I can pull them off the bike and...
  11. S

Best place to buy camera insurance?

My new medium format digital back puts me way over the limit on the camera equipment rider on my homeowner's insurance policy with AAA. I have been very happy with AAA. They paid immediately for the loss of an $8,000 camera years ago, but they won't budge on their limit ($65K). When I...
  12. S

External viewer for Hasselblad CFV-50?

Can you provide a link to the thread, or it's name?
  13. S

External viewer for Hasselblad CFV-50?

The screen on the back of the CFV-50 is so small and coarse that I wonder if there is a way to review photos in the field right after they are taken on an external device like an iPhone or phablet that has a high quality screen? I see the CFV-50 back has a Firewire output. Could this be used for...
  14. S

Any CFV-50 users on this forum?

I am looking forward to the arrival next week of a CFV-50 for my 501C/M. I enjoyed using the camera with film before I went to digital 35mm and am now looking forward to using my favorite camera once again. Any CFV-50 users on this forum? Any photo made with this back?
  15. S

WTB Casio EX-F1

Must be in excellent condition with charger and battery. 100% rating on ebay as buyer and seller.