The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Steve Hendrix

1. Steve Hendrix

ALPA X-Shutter is coming soon

I know that discusssions between Alpa and Phase One with regard to how they wouod implement the X Shutter have been going on for quite some time, well over a year. It's unfortuate that the native XT body mount is based on the Cambo WRS Lenspanel, which does give Cambo an advantage for those who...
  2. Steve Hendrix

ALPA X-Shutter is coming soon

This is good news. And not unexpected (at least from my view), despite some of the gloomy projections. But Alpa not bing part of this made absolutely no sense. It only helps Phase One to have them participate. I expect pricing to be similar...
  3. Steve Hendrix

XCD 80/1.9 lens: soft rattling noises?

Yes, the noise is completely gone. Although we never really heard "rattling" so much as we could feel a definite shift of the internal optics, though it did not necesssarily feel unnatural. But of course there was a slight muffled sound produced from this shift (more than the rattle). It now...
  4. Steve Hendrix

XCD 80/1.9 lens: soft rattling noises?

Just following up on this. I happened to check our demo 80mm/1.9, and it did indeed have a soft noise that it made and you could feel the optics shift as you lightly shook the lens back and forth. But it did feel like a proper movement, if one could say, that the electronic connection would put...
  5. Steve Hendrix

Cambo Announces Phase One X Shutter Products

When I noticed those lenses not on the list, I inquired into this and was told they are not on the list for "technical reasons". I had also asked about some other lenses, so did not push the "But Why?" button that is often flashing Green in my head and just assumed the short focal lengths and...
  6. Steve Hendrix

Yes, it's pricey is a bit of an understatement. Remember that a copal shutter replacement from Rodenstock is over $3,000. Priced that way for perhaps different reasons, though. FYI, we've added another article on this topic, which came in the form of some Q&A from Cambo...
  7. Steve Hendrix

Hi Paul - you can upgrade an existing XT lens with tilt/swing (if it is one of the compatibel lenses), and then yes, you will have tilt/swing on an XT. The penalty is that you lose the shift position in metadata, and you lose the function of the shutter button on the body. Steve Hendrix/CI
  8. Steve Hendrix

Comparison between Digaron-SW 5,6/90 mm vs Apo Sironar Digital/ Sinaron Digital/ Digaron-W 5,6/90 mm

Yes, the 55mm lenses have generally been good. And there are always exceptions. Steve Hendrix/CI
  9. Steve Hendrix

Comparison between Digaron-SW 5,6/90 mm vs Apo Sironar Digital/ Sinaron Digital/ Digaron-W 5,6/90 mm

I've generally seen pretty good results - sometimes surprisingly good results - with longer legacy lenses. Shorter lenses, not so much. Steve Hendrix/CI
  10. Steve Hendrix

Confirmed, shift position and shutter release will not be operational with the cabled solution. Losing the lens contacts breaks the power communication to the body.
  11. Steve Hendrix

The 138m is in the list. Further down the article it rshows the 138mm. But not with tilt/swing at this moment. Currently we are expecting that there will be no shift position in metadata and no shutter button active. We have not confirmed this, but it is based on the assumption that with no lens...
  12. Steve Hendrix

Well, some new information just arrived to me. First, forget the Schneider 60N lens. The Schneider 60XL is the lens that should be there. The information Ireceived concerning the inability to create a Tilt/Swing version of the 60XL lens was inorrect. We will update our article to reflect the...
  13. Steve Hendrix

Some may wonder why we are posting this as a Cambo announcement when other dealers have posted it as a Phase One announcement. Not that it really matters much. But when the XT Camera was announced, it was an announcement from Phase One. Cambo created customized oem versions of their WRS 1600 and...
  14. Steve Hendrix

Magnifying glass Live view PO IQ3 50 MP

The Cambo CS-28 attaches to a plastic frame that adheres to the rear of the digital back. And the loupe then just clicks in place. There is no necessary hardware to attach to the bottom.
  15. Steve Hendrix

Magnifying glass Live view PO IQ3 50 MP

You might also consider the Cambo 3x Loupe. You would want the CS-28, which is made for 3.2" LCD (they offer different sizes). This kit has a frame that you can keep on the IQ350, and the loupe clicks into the frame for when you wish to use it. Or you can bypass the frame completely and just...