The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by stevev

1. S

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

Paul asked earlier about the Nikkor SW 90mm f/8. Here is the same scene as the SW 75 from a few posts ago, but shot with the Nikkor SW 90mm f/8, followed by a link to the full size JPG. As before, focused once in the centre of the central frame. Three rows and columns at f/11. Sharpening as I...
  2. S

Paul, I need to learn more about the Alpa. What model is that? What movements are possible? Thanks, Steve.
  3. S

Hi, I used 9 shots, 3x3, camera in landscape orientation, f/11, focused once in the centre of the central image. No LCCs. I did reduce some peripheral shading using the Lens Correction tool in C1. I tilted the camera down to get some detail in the upper row, since this was just a test shot...
  4. S

"Anyone shot the Nikkor SW 90 F8 on an IQ4 with shift?" No, but I have the SW Nikkor 65mm, SW 75mm and SW 90mm f/8 and have shot all of them on a Cambo Actus G. Not using an IQ4 but using a Sigma fp L "back" with shift. This 280 megapixel (21K x 15K) stitched file from the 75mm shows what...
  5. S

Grandagon 65mm N MC usable image circle on digital?

My experience is similar to Rob’s. I also have the Nikkor SW 65mm f/4 and it is poor when I shift 20mm on a Cambo Actus and fp-L. That last 10mm is soft. On the other hand, I use the (Mamiya RZ67) Mamiya M 65mm f/4 L–A floating system lens (on the RZ Cambo plate) and that lens is stellar.
  6. S

Sony A1 images

Last one - an F-16
  7. S

Sony A1 images

And an AV8-B Harrier from the same event...
  8. S

Sony A1 images

A Eurofighter Typhoon at the recent RIAT air show in England.
  9. S

Sigma fp L and Rm3di

Yep, what Victor said.
  10. S

Sigma fp L and Rm3di

By the way, I am using the Rodie mentioned above and Nikkor SW lenses - 65, 75 and 90/8 plus four Mamiya RZ67 lenses of varying focal lengths. All work well on the Actus with the fp L.
  11. S

Sigma fp L and Rm3di

Yes, it absolutely has live view. That's what makes it work for me. And it has a BSI sensor, so less susceptible, apparently, to colour casts. It also has an ISO6 setting available (yes, 6), which is, I believe a stacking mode. I've yet to try it out properly though.
  12. S

Pentax 645 35mm lenses

Pentax 45 on the left.
  13. S

Pentax 645 35mm lenses

Rob, count me in that group of interested people. My copy suffered badly at the edges (fully shifted) and also when any bright light found it’s way into the front of the lens i.e. with the sun at or beyond my 10 o’clock then low contrast, and flaring if I recall correctly, were the order of the...
  14. S

Sigma fp L and Rm3di

Hi, quite possibly, but I can still stitch and get an equivalent of about 22mm wide (I.e. in a single shot on the same sensor format), and with a final width of just over 21,000 pixels. So my desire to go somewhat wide with high resolution is satisfied. To go wider, and/or with higher resolution...
  15. S

Sigma fp L and Rm3di

For me the appeal is sensor quality (same Sony sensor base and per pixel quality as gfx100), high resolution for 36x24mm format, ultra compact size, low weight, low cost and the fact that it has no grip, so when shifting the camera body to the left there is no grip to foul against anything. That...