The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by SylB

1. S

Fun with MF images 2021

An abbey in the Pyrénées mountains, south-west of France. HD6-100c + HC50 II St-Martin-du-Canigou_0011 by Sylvain BARTHOLOME, sur Flickr
  2. S

The great tripod & head thread!

Matt, my experience in use with HC300 + H6 to get satisfyingly sharp pictures : - tripod (3 series or 5 series Gitzo + Arca D4 head) always. Handheld is unreliable for me. - using the lens foot on the tripod, as it balances quite well with the body's weight - 3s timer, ridiculously easy to...
  3. S

The great tripod & head thread!

On the Leica S, you should be able to activate the leaf shutter of your HC lens by switching from "FPS" position to "CS" position. Have you tried, and if yes haven't you noticed an improvement ? I should add that I haven't had too many problems with the HC300 on H camera so far, whatever speed I...
  4. S

Fun with MF images 2021

Fresh from this week-end : the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, wrapped following Christo and Jeanne-Claude project. H6D-100C + HC35 + HTS, hand-held Arc Christo_0020 by Sylvain BARTHOLOME, sur Flickr
  5. S

Fun with MF images 2021

To warm up a little bit before European Heritage Days which will happen this week-end, here is a picture of a building I first visited precisely during this event years ago (before I even had a DSLR...) : the Opera Garnier in Paris. This one taken with Hasselblad H6D-100c and HCD24. Opéra...
  6. S

Fun with MF images 2021

Fun with MF, but actually the picture was not so fun to take. Here are the ruins of a village entirely slaughtered by a nazi division in France during WWII, out of revenge and to make an example for any person willing to resist. The village has been kept as it is. For those interested about the...
  7. S

Fun with MF images 2021

Pedestrian bridge over the Seine river in Paris (passerelle Debilly). Taken with H6D-100C + HCD24 B0002280 by Sylvain BARTHOLOME, sur Flickr
  8. S

Hasselblad vs GFX system

I would have advised to send the camera for a check-up after reading your previous mail, so that's good news. A camera with recent check-up is some kind of reassuring, especially for this kind of beast. Thank you to have shared your conclusions, they are interesting and without big surprise I think.
  9. S

Fun with MF images 2021

Another one from Normandy, taken with H6D-100c and HC50 II (+ ND filter). Normandie_2019-10 by Sylvain BARTHOLOME, sur Flickr
  10. S

Hasselblad vs GFX system

If you are considering X system as an alternative, I suggest you pay attention to the ergonomics of the H6D during your test : it is centered around the touchscreen and the simplified yet quick to understand and use menus. It will be exactly the same on X system, because it is the same...
  11. S

Hasselblad vs GFX system

Regarding pleasure to use one or the other, I think like Uwe, but didn't want to write it, because this is personal, and not what you asked for. Regarding reliability... well... a bit mixed opinion on my side. When it was released, it would often freeze and needed a battery removal to be...
  12. S

Hasselblad vs GFX system

Hi I have a Pentax 645Z since 2014, and a Hasselblad H6D-100c since 2017. The 645Z provided incredibly good quality files coming from 24x36, and I thought it would be enough forever, I couldn't imagine what could be better. Still, I decided to buy a H6D-100C in 2017, but mostly to get wider...
  13. S

Fun with MF images 2021

One from Normandy, alabaster coast, with H6D-100C and HCD24, ND filter (maybe Vieiri knows this place :)) Normandie_2019-4 by Sylvain BARTHOLOME, sur Flickr
  14. S

Fun with MF images 2021

Yes, it's possible to visit inside. There's a stair and a door cut on the other side.
  15. S

Fun with MF images 2021

A submarine exposed in a technical museum in Russia. Taken with Pentax 645Z + 28-45 (+ warm clothes, but that doesn't matter). PTMF2326 by Sylvain BARTHOLOME, sur Flickr