The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by TechTalk

1. TechTalk

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

Others may find your behavior acceptable. I do not. I'm done with this thread and perhaps this forum.
  2. TechTalk

I quoted partially from open and completely public LinkedIn pages and included a link. I assumed nothing about their work. I directly quoted their own words regarding their background and contributions which they have published on their own public pages or in a public patent. These are...
  3. TechTalk

The Alpa HXD adapter combination chart is from 2018, so anyone interested in combinations not listed may wish to check with their dealer or Alpa. According to their chart, the following combinations work with ALPA 12 MAX, SWA, STC, WA, XY and do not show any limitations in focusing to infinity...
  4. TechTalk

Alpa has a chart listing any limitations for their HXD Adapter Combinations with various lenses and mounts "The overview shows the combinations that are achievable with the ALPA HxD adapter in various situations and combinations. Search for the line with the ALPA or third-party lens type in the...
  5. TechTalk

I'm not sure what it is that you find romantic about engineers collaborating on products and projects or a discussion of those collaborations. I guess individuals can see romance wherever their emotions suggest. I don't find engineering collaborations particularly romantic. Perhaps that's...
  6. TechTalk

In this case, country X has a population of over 1.4 Billion people. More than half of them are 39 years of age and younger and active on social media. Their population dwarfs that of the EU, U.S., and Japan combined. If you want rumors about any brand of camera, you can find quite a lot of them...
  7. TechTalk

I'm interested in facts not online imagination and conjecture. On the multiple occasions where I have mentioned DJI's contributions, I've provided details and evidence. But, I don't think this conversation is going to travel a path of enlightenment — so, I'm not going to travel any further...
  8. TechTalk

Your link is to a dealer (Camera West) website in San Francisco. If you go to Leica's website, they don't indicate where lenses are made or who manufactures them. They don't need to do so. It's their name on the product and they are the ones that stand behind the quality and performance. So, if...
  9. TechTalk

You're not being misquoted... You said "I am sure that the majority of the components if not all components were produced in China" Now it's been edited to... I haven't seen any evidence of where anything is made — except that the camera is made in Sweden and the lenses are made in Japan. What...
  10. TechTalk

By whom? Several people (myself included) have discussed in detail the collaboration and contributions on the part of DJI... in some detail... and with concrete evidence of it.
  11. TechTalk

I'm certain that you want to believe that, but what evidence can we see that would support your claim? I'm sure many would be interested.
  12. TechTalk

Mac Studio

Thanks. I haven't suggested what monitor anyone should buy or prefer. I've just tried to give a reasonably detailed comparison to assist in making an informed decision based on individual use and preference — divorced from the marketing speak or online advocates of one brand or another. I have...
  13. TechTalk

Mac Studio

I don't remember hearing what you finally decided on to replace the NEC. Just curious, if you don't mind me asking.
  14. TechTalk

The Hasselblad IBIS patent uses a different approach to how motion is controlled. The current convention is to use a motor controlled by a magnetic voice coil. Hasselblad's design uses multiple piezo actuators acting on a frame. Piezo movement of a frame is technology with which Hasselblad has...
  15. TechTalk

Products that rely on electronics will often have component parts from multiple countries. Individual electronic components from countries A, B, C, and D may be assembled together on a circuit board in country E to be assembled into a final product in Country F. Any purity tests of national...