The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Tim

1. Tim

New Camera Forums for GetDPI - dpreview closing its doors

Many of the DPR audience are quite reasonable to converse with, this site could benefit from some new voices and the spammers are easy to vet as KC_2020 points out. I think it an opportunity to revive this site. What surprises me is the total lack of even a no or yes from any mod or owner on my...
  2. Tim

Thanks for the idea but, That didn't work either. ☹ Seems to be no one at the wheel.
  3. Tim

HI Jack, could you have a look at...

HI Jack, could you have a look at https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-camera-forums-for-getdpi-dpreview-closing-its-doors.74304/#post-882486 and perhaps discuss with other forum admins ? What do you think ? thanks
  4. Tim

Hello anyone ? knock knock knock, anyone home ?
  5. Tim

Really the existing Pentax forum just needs renaming to Ricoh / Pentax and the Ricoh GR thread of photos in Other Cameras could be moved.
  6. Tim

Hi, With dpreview.com closing its doors I'd like to propose to GetDPI Forum owners to open Sigma and Ricoh (for the GR) forums. or Ricoh/Pentax Additionally there is already a fairly long GR images thread to move. A Sigma forum would see their cameras and lenses get representation and for a...
  7. Tim

Really ?

I would have thought, if they offered it for sale, someone may step up. Additionally, I wonder if they looked to, prune how much they were doing, reduce costs there and hence prune staff, then come at it from the other direction by asking for a subscription to post in the forums and/or...
  8. Tim

Really ?

Since this is happening , I will approach the mods here about a Ricoh GR specific forum
  9. Tim

New Fujifilm X100V annoyance

I bought this for my X100v and the Fuji supplied lens cap stays on tight. https://nisifilters.com.au/product/nisi-uhd-uv-for-fujifilm-x100-x100s-x100t-x100v-black/ I often just leave the cap off ready for pickup, power shoot quick
  10. Tim

RIP Tim Page, Vietnam war photographer

The rifle under his right arm looks to me to be a M1 Carbine, upside down. As we are all gear nut here someone must want to weigh in on the models of Leica and Nikon cameras and the lenses even. Tim (another one)
  11. Tim

Are there any wedding photographers in the UK that I can convince to have lunch with me?

You should listen to this and message Neale and Kev, they are very approachable. Both guys are documentary style wedding photographers in the UK with many weddings under their belt. https://www.fujicast.co.uk/ This is my #1 podcast I listen to, all others stop when a new episode is out. Neale...
  12. Tim

Under Evaluation!

The problem then is, all comments are subject to the moderators view of everything. I understand that its someone else's place but you can end up with filtered commentary. Free speech loses.
  13. Tim

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

Is the ultimate travel kit a GR III and GR IIIx with the GW-4 and the GT-2 in a small bag. This would give you 21mm, 28mm, 40mm and 75mm native in two bodies and two adapted lenses. I guess it could be achieved other ways but this is versatile.
  14. Tim

Performance issues?

I baby sit about a dozen servers. They need maintenance and sometimes also go down due to unforseen circumstances or failures or even bugs and things that should have worked didn't. As an example just recently there was a date bug with on premises MS exchange 2016 2019 servers that happened in...
  15. Tim

A question for the technologically minded

I think noise varies with exposure. We see that an image is virtually noise free when exposed under good light. Take an indoor photo with and without flash. The flash shot is lower noise. The pre-exposure idea is interesting. You could test it.