The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by tjv

1. T

EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT

Kia ora from New Zealand. I have not posted or looked on GetDPI for quite some time because I thought it had ceased to exist. At least that was what the last notice I read on the website indicated when I logged in. I'm glad to see the forum it's still here, in whatever form I'm yet to discover...
  2. T

New RS 40mm HR W, any tips?

Sorry for the radio silence, the Covid situation has put me in a weird space! Anyway, testing the RS40mm was complicated because my Linhof camera was found to be out of alignment again – parallelism is tough on on these more traditional view cameras. Anyway, Linhof Studio have looked after me...
  3. T

Phase One XT users happy (eg re shift)

Phase One might want to stop treating all of their customers outside of the US like complete idiots, to be honest. I'll qualify that by saying I live in a small market country, but it's no better nearby in Australia. Last time I tried I couldn't even order a battery for my Credo 60 as the...
  4. T

FS: Leica MP 0.72 Black Paint and Lenses (AUS)

I've always wanted an MP. I regret the day I sold my Leica gear, I truly loved all of it. If I had the money I'd send you an offer, but alas... Good luck with the sale!
  5. T

Thanks all for your comments regarding the lens, it's all helpful. As luck would have it, Paula at Linhof Studio emailed to say the lens was delivered to her from Rodenstock early – factory mounted in copal – and will be shipped to me on Monday. Unless of course the world has shut down by that...
  6. T

Thanks guys! I’m thinking by now that it’ll be a miracle if I see the lens within 6 weeks to a month. Things are grinding to a halt world over. Not much I can do now except wait I guess... I’m heartened by so many positive comments on the lens performance, I think it’s going to be something of...
  7. T

Hi all, Maybe seems a little bit of redundant question considering it's a lens and not some kind of newfangled body, but thought I'd reach out as I have a new RS 40mm lens on it's way to me – via the factory to get mounted in a new copal shutter – and wondered if anyone could share some insight...
  8. T

Capture One Screen Rendering of the GFX 100

I've noticed this a few times too and when it happens it drives me crazy! I don't want to have to micro-analyse the image at 100% (= more time I don't have!) to make sure it matches the full screen preview – in every other piece of software I use this is not an issue. Perhaps Steve and Doug...
  9. T

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

When I had my 500c/m (much missed!) I had it serviced and installed a Maxwell focusing screen with split image and micro prism and painted crop lines for digital. I had them adjust the focus plane and mirror position at service so it was dead on correct with my Credo 60. Focus was difficult to...
  10. T

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

A reputable source had told me that this special moon edition has a lower resolution screen than the standard model is planned to have. Can anyone comment?
  11. T

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Anyone know any links to proper reviews / tests yet? Asking for a friend...
  12. T

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Looks beautiful, but how does it work?! We know the image quality will be great with same proven sensor and basic innards as the X1d et al. I'm interested in AF accuracy (I've read many reports of late about the X1d II AF being something of a lottery in some situations,) and ease of use /...
  13. T

Phase One IQ4150 Issues, Problems and bugs (Please add yours to the list)

Say what now?!?! I had no idea about this. A total deal breaker for me if that’s the case. Surely this can be fixed in firmware if they wanted?
  14. T

Phase One IQ4150 Issues, Problems and bugs (Please add yours to the list)

This thread makes me want to go upstairs and kiss my Credo 60, which has zero glitches or problems for my use. I hope they sort the issues Paul points out with the IQ4150 because it’s a logical upgrade path for me for use with my technical camera. It does seem Phase are prioritising...
  15. T

Another Phase One countdown on their website. What now?

The most surprising thing about this thread is that DougDole's relentless negativity towards Phase does not seem out of place amongst the other posts.