The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by vjbelle

1. V

Fun with MF images

At Jackson Hole and a wonderful day as a front moved through. Thanks for viewing. I wish the colors would come through as original but jpg destroys things. Victor B
  2. V

Phase One X-Shutter Expansion program is officially announced

If the resulting image were actually going to be 'better', 'much better' then this could make some sense but it won't be. Same lens, same back, same photographer, same scene. Only the EXIF changes. It's a ton of money for some EXIF...... Victor B
  3. V

Phase One X-Shutter Expansion program is officially announced

I don't understand the inclusion of the Schneider 60MM 'N' lens and not the XL. The 'N' lens is very old..... Hopefully this is just an error. Pricing is very steep.... Victor B
  4. V

PHASE ONE XF IQ4 151MP WITH 2 LENSES... 26500USD

I was wondering the same thing........
  5. V

Any experiences with the Arca Cube C1 gp (geared panning) FlipLock in rough landscape photography?

I've had mine for some time and used it everywhere including the Dunes in Death Valley with no problems. I was, though, careful when I was using it in sandy conditions as well as wet conditions. You are right to be somewhat concerned about harsh conditions but you will find using it to be a...
  6. V

Fun with MF images

The 'Darr' touch which is always appreciated. I just want to comment on the HB 180mm lens which I find to be outstanding. I also have the CFi version which I purchased as new numerous years ago and am glad I have never sold. Best to you...... Victor B
  7. V

GFX100 EVF Issue

My just purchased GFX100's EVF is very finicky. If I try to adjust the diopter settings while the camera is level the adjustment from plus to minus varies a lot. By that I mean instead of just going smoothly from minus to plus while turning the control it goes from minus to middle and then...
  8. V

Sony 'Tough' SD card recall

For anyone interested Sony has recalled some of those cards. I have one of those cards and it is going to be replaced by Sony. You can find more information at (https://tidbits.com/2020/06/15/sony-recalls-tough-sd-cards-due-to-data-corruption/) Regards, Victor B
  9. V

RRS L Bracket for Fuji GFX 50s

RRS L Bracket for the Fuji 50s that is in excellent condition. This is the two piece L bracket which is very sell designed. $90.00 shipped including paypal fees. Thanks for looking..... Victor B
  10. V

Fuji GFX 50s

For sale is my extremely clean in like new condition GFX 50s. There are no marks of any kind. The LCD has always had a glass cover. Image count is 3724. Comes with all original accessories and the original box. I will include a wired remote control. $3600.00 including paypal fees and...
  11. V

Phase IQ4 screen flicker

Since updating to the latest firmware (7.00.7) the screen on my 4100 jumps/flickers in live view at 100% pixels. Only happens when I move the image around and stops immediately but is 100% repeatable and extremely annoying. Has anyone else experienced this or am I alone? Thanks much...
  12. V

Flash Trigger for 7RM4

I am trying to trigger my 7RM4 and just can't with my PocketWizards. The PocketWizards work fine on my GFX. I have 4 older Flex TT5 triggers that I use just as basic triggers with numerous flashes which is all I need for my purposes. Is this due to the fact that the Sony shoe isn't standard...
  13. V

Square frame In EVF and on LCD

When I set an autofocus lens to 'autofocus' a square gride line appears that is visible in EVF and on the LCD. If I switch the lens to manual focus the square grid line disappears. I can't figure out why it's there or what it's purpose is. Does anyone know? Thanks for any input...... Victor
  14. V

Shooting the Phase 4150 at F9

For me, the good old days of f11 and forget it are gone with the 4150. F11 is an image destroying aperture that I will never use again. This limits the movements of most of my lenses which isn't that big of a deal for me since I always did limit my movements. I'll probably due away with...
  15. V

Sony A7RIV Impressions

I've had this camera for a couple of days and am convinced that this was a very good purchase. This is very unlike my experiences with the Fuji 50s which was more love/hate. The EVF is a dream - crystal clear with the ability to focus extremely easy. Contrast this to the Fuji 50s where...