The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by wallpaperviking

1. W

Is the Canon 16-35mm III minimum focus distance the same at all focal lengths?

I am thinking of purchasing the Canon 16-35mm III to use on my Fuji GFX (there is currently no wide zoom in the GFX lineup). The zoom I have for the GFX is the 32-64mm and its minimum focus changes from 0.5m at the wide end to 0.6m at the long. I see that Canon states their M.F.D of the...
  2. W

Questions for Tilt-Shift Users using a GFX

I have the 50S and the 24mm TS-E II. I recently purchased the Metabones 1.26x and unfortunately it is headed back. It produced worse corners at full shift than just cropping the original image. It seems to work well on other primes lenses, particularly longer focal lengths. I can get about...
  3. W

Fuji GFX100S and Roddy55 and schneider 47mm on Arca Swiss

Does that also leave image circle room for "front rise", to keep verticals straight? Thanks!
  4. W

Thanks again for the in depth breakdown of these lenses, very interesting to me! I currently only have the GFX 50S so a lot of this is not particularly relevant at the moment, as I imagine the colour cast with these lenses would be pretty horrible... Am considering the GFX100S though.. You...
  5. W

Once again, Am I right in thinking that you can use the Universalis with the Electronic Canon lens board whereas with the Cambo Actus you cannot? So no way to get aperture control with the Canon TS-E lenses? On the other hand, the Universalis still allows their own electronic lens board to...
  6. W

Or is there no such thing as M.F.D when using these digital lenses on a bellows type view camera? Same as in Large Format film photography? Can you just extend the bellows out further? Thanks! :)
  7. W

thoughts on architectural photography with Fujifilm GFX, image circle and lenses

I have a number of lenses that I use (mainly) with front "rise" on my GFX. I have the Canon 24mm TS-E II, Pentax 645 35mm A, Olympus 35mm Shift, Pentax 67 45mm and the Hasselblad 50mm FLE. I have also just ordered the Canon 50mm TS-E Macro. Too many 50mm (ish) lenses I reckon, am going to...
  8. W

Thanks for posting these... :) What is the Minimum Focus Distance of these lenses? I really struggled to find the relevant information online. Thanks again!
  9. W

thoughts on architectural photography with Fujifilm GFX, image circle and lenses

Have you had any further experience with using the Metabones? I am thinking of getting one to try and was wondering if it would work with the Canon 24mm TS-E II? I would take a slight resolution loss if it gave me that equivalent focal length (and the 17mm with full shift). Does this adapter...
  10. W

Good to hear about the success you are having with it! Does the 55mm allow enough image circle to stitch on the camera side (achieving a wide F.O.V) and still have movements on the lens side?
  11. W

MF Lenses with Shift Adapter or RhinoCam on Full-Frame/35mm Digital Body

Also, how did you change the aperture? I thought these worked electronically?
  12. W

MF Lenses with Shift Adapter or RhinoCam on Full-Frame/35mm Digital Body

That is awesome, looks great! I know you are using your FrankenCam with such a lens but do you see it being possible to adapt to a smaller footprint "Shift" adapter? I have the Kipon Eos - GFX Shift, do you think you could attach the lens somehow to this adapter? Thanks! :)
  13. W

Is Sony A7S series the best for getting a good image on the LCD in low light?

Thanks for the long, informative post, much appreciated! From what I am seeing with what I have available, the monitor is doing a decent job of relaying the cameras LCD feed. I am using a Fuji GFX 50S with a Feelworld FW760. I am really wondering if there is a camera system that relays a...