The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by weldonbrewster

1. weldonbrewster

FS: IQ4 150 Achromatic

Couple of photos. Everything in this gallery was shot with it: https://www.weldonbrewster.com/-/galleries/cmc-fine-art-photography
  2. weldonbrewster

FS: IQ4 150 Achromatic

I wanted to gauge interest in my IQ4 150 Achromatic I'm thinking about selling. It’s in pristine condition, shot count is 1564 and the warranty is good till 06/21/26. I have the hard case and all the accessories in original boxes just like it was when it was new. The price would be $22,500...
  3. weldonbrewster

Fun with MF images 2023

Wow!! That is beautiful!!
  4. weldonbrewster

Petapixel: Phase One XC Review: A Camera in Search of a Photographer

I went to a P1 demo of the XC at Samy's. It's tiny, basically the back and lens with a handle. The shutter button is in an awkward place. Not sure what the use case would be for it. The XT is plenty small with movements, interchangeable lenses, better shutter button and rotates from...
  5. weldonbrewster

Traveling to Iceland

I use Ruggard Desiccant Silica Gel Packs for the camera bag to help with the moisture. Think Tank Photo Rain Cover to keep off snow (it's got plenty of room to operate camera.) Most people would think this is unnecessary but I wrap all seams and ports on my digital back with paper tape when...
  6. weldonbrewster

Free Arca Swiss Stuff

DM sent. Glad to find it a good home.
  7. weldonbrewster

Free Arca Swiss Stuff

No, the 6x9 film back is like the graflok Mamiya RB. http://mercurycamera.com/backs/complete-guide-to-graflok-23-backs-graflex-mamiya-rb67-horseman-and-mercury/
  8. weldonbrewster

Free Arca Swiss Stuff

I have an Arca Swiss M-Two camera that I've collected various bit and bobs for over the years. I've got a few things that don't fit my Arca Swiss M-Two (they are for an older Arca Swiss camera.) Whoever wants them can have them for free plus shipping cost. I'm trying to clean out my cupboards...
  9. weldonbrewster

MPB Used P1 DB Purchasing Price List

As someone that has bought six different Phase One backs from Steve I can not stress enough how important that support is. To be on set with dozens of people and know that help is just a call away is invaluable. I've also been out by myself and texted Steve, "Hey, I just got hit by a rogue...
  10. weldonbrewster

Tripod recommendation

I have both the RRS TVC 34 w/ D4 and 34L w/ Cube. At 5'10" the TVC 34 w/ D4 is a perfect height. Bonus if you take off the top mounting plate of the TVC 34 it exactly fits in an international carry on suitcase. I also use mine with a 75mm bowl and Sachtler FSB 8 head. Works great.
  11. weldonbrewster

IQ4 Achromatic - Nighttime Filter Comparison (IR; UV+IR cut)

Chris Snipes has a great article on the different filters for an Achromatic back. https://www.captureintegration.com/the-right-filters-for-achromatic-shooting/
  12. weldonbrewster

Copal 0 servicing

I've heard good things about Flutot's Camera Repair unfortunately their backlog is huge. SK Grimes doesn't do shutter repair anymore (they have fantastic machinists though.) I've used Bob over at Precision Camera Works to repair a Copal 0 shutter and he's great...
  13. weldonbrewster

Oregon Coast and your MF camera choice?

You don't need a 150/300 for Thor's Well, most people just walk right up to it. You need an incoming high tide. Morning is preferable for less crowds, afternoon has better light. Highly recommend staying in Yachats and dinner or a beer at the Drift Inn (they have live music most nights.)...
  14. weldonbrewster

C1 for iPad announces tethering for all currently supported cameras (EXCEPT PHASE ONE)

I hope they got rid of the silly "bespoke photography" thing on the new website. I also hope it's not something more ominous. Axcel has a track record of cashing out their investments after 3 years. Check out graphic from the Axcel V fund. Also, https://axcel.dk/company/phase-one/
  15. weldonbrewster

Technical Camera Images

Great photos Warren. I took Nick's class a number of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. He's a super nice guy and a huge wealth of knowledge on architectural photography. Funny story, the workshop assistant for your workshop accidentally sent me the Friday night dinner order. Somehow I got...