The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by yashima

1. Y

Tethering a Firewire back

Hi Youngee, may you share what tablet it is? Very interested to know as well. Thanks
  2. Y

TechArt Pro Ver3.0.0 firmware released

Hi, is this firmware for M mount adapter only or for Contax G adapter as well? Thanks
  3. Y

Contax 645 to E-Mount adapter

Its finally here. Still waiting for tilt/shift version. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fringer-Contax-645-Sony-E-A7r2-etc-full-auto-adapter-Dont-need-NAM-1-/142037862628?rmvSB=true
  4. Y

How to trigger AR7II wirelessly & remotely when shooting tethered?

Me too. Is this the only place that sells this cable? Its hard to believe it has not been picked up by some chinese company.
  5. Y

How to trigger AR7II wirelessly & remotely when shooting tethered?

This seems to be the perfect solution, I don't know why Sony themselves have not provided it. Could anyone please confirm if this can do Liveview with Sony CaptureRemote Or Capture One?
  6. Y

GM Lenses

How do you find transitioning from Phase Arca (I assume Rm3di) system to Sony? I'm thinking of the opposite. I have a MFDB SLR system and also a compact Sony E system, however I keep wondering about getting into technical camera and lenses for the ultimate wide angle performance. For wide...
  7. Y

What is the best compact lens for A7x in 24-28mm focal range?

Thank you, but the stickies are quite overwhelming atm, I'm trying to ask a specific question (compact lens, 24-28mm) but I will go through those stickies at one point. Sony and Zeiss really need to sit down and work it out two road maps. One is for compact, high performance BUT slow lenses (I...
  8. Y

Thanks everybody. Yes I'm aware of options for native lenses. What about lenses from other systems that can be adapted onto E mount? I guess the ideal candidate would come from Leica, as SLR need quite a bulky adapter already. Contax G also has short flange distance however wide lenses from...
  9. Y

I'm trying to build a compact E mount system with both native and adapted lenses. However I'm struggling a little bit to decide what is the best lens in the 24-28mm focal range. Of course the 25mm Batis is the quality benchmark, however it's still a little big and heavy. Do we have an smaller...
  10. Y

Techart adapter and Contax G question

The behaviour is quite different: In DMF mode for native AF lenses, you half press the shutter for AF, and you need to keep this half press in order to fine tune using MF. And when fine tuning using MF, you can only have MF assist, not focus magnifier. In AF-S mode for Contax lenses, you half...
  11. Y

Yes thanks Cindy, I just figured that out too. I need to touch the wheel a little bit then I can magnify it. Quite a strange implementation but it works.
  12. Y

Hi everyone, Got my Techart at last. Is it possible to have Focus Assist/Magnifier when fine tuning focus manually with the wheel? MF Focus Assist On doesnt give me anything, when Focus Magnifier custom setting "not available in Single Shot AF (only focus mode allowed)"
  13. Y

Is there a firmware coming for A7r that enable Liveview tethering and Picture Profile

The A7rII is really a fantastic camera, however for what I do, I don't need all new features, but mostly the Liveview tethering and the Picture Profile. Do you think A7r can have these features with a firmware update, or is there a hardware limitation? Of course whether Sony wants to do it is...
  14. Y

Sony A7r, how to connect cable release and tethering at the same time?

Hi, I got a gig that I need to connect the Sony A7r to a machine to trigger shutter release automatically at certain interval, and at the same time tether the camera to a computer to transfer and process the RAW images, also semi-automatically. However there is only one port on the Sony A7r...
  15. Y

Contax 645 Shift adapter..

We must crowd-fund this adapter to make it a reality. Somebody let Steel Chen know ..