The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by ZHNL

1. Z

Leica s Sensor Strategy ???

Well said. I agree. Leica really need rethink how they want position S system. It was OK 6 year ago. But to be honest, the AF is struggle even at current sensor density. It would be a hard sell for photography other than landscape if they can't improve their AF tech.
  2. Z

Leica 007 - A Warning To Potential Buyers

I did, that is very fundermental :) the problem is in my case the sharpest is not reach infinity yet about 80m.(back end) And if I fix back focus at infinity, it have a small range to show back at infinity but none of them as sharp as set 80M. My take away is this: if I want use certain feature...
  3. Z

On 1, You use "focus maybe wrong" , I assume you can lock focus right sometime, this match what I see. The focus is more sensitive to vertical line than horizontal line in my field test. And I find critical focus is not consistent to fully appreciate sensor and Lens capability of. For f8, f11...
  4. Z

Justin, one question for you is: Is your S007 always mis focus? or it has to be certain distance or subject or both. I have a strong feeling that even exchange the units won't satisfy you. As I mentioned the camera AF is inherent weak. I have handle multiple S units as mention earlier in...
  5. Z

Sorry to hear what happen to OP. I noticed S camera AF problem as soon as I bought the system. Basically, it has real problems to deal with fine detail focusing subject such as small leaf, grass etc at long distance for those situation, I get "consistent"AF fail. For general use, I also find...
  6. Z

Nice thread, good reading. Op's experience match mine.
  7. Z

Check out this thread in LUF http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/256088-s-006-focus-error/ I noticed S camera AF problem as well. Basically, it has real problems to deal with fine detail focusing subject such as small leaf, grass etc at long distance for those situation, I get very consistent...
  8. Z

Comparing the Leica S 007 to other MF alternatives

Adam, Michael here. Sorry to hear what you have experienced. I fully understand your situation. You have gone really too far into Leica system to accept what you have been experiencing. Good news, I am pretty sure a MF fuji is in the horizon. This is not even a market secret right now. I have...
  9. Z

Contax 645 Complete Boxed Set with Lens $2600. Other items available too.

send you PM and email but got none of them replied after two day?????
  10. Z

Nikon color and image chrakter from different bodies

Re: Nikon color and image character from different bodies Red channel blow up is quite common in flower picture taking. You get better result from D750 might come from higher DR or slightly different RGB filter array in front of sensor. luminosity histogram will be not much helpful in this...
  11. Z

I had C1,(for better M9 file before) but since I moved to LR, I never look back because of its work flaw is really a life saver :) It has plus or minus compare to C1, but work flaw just suits me better. I have heard many good things about C1, I believe it should handle better on Skin tone for...
  12. Z

Can't agree more. This is indeed a grey area with lots of subjective view and also happen to be very complicated area to handle it right. Lacking objective standard is the reason manufacture can come away with color bland body with insane ISO performance. DXO usually rate color response of...
  13. Z

It is a bit odd that this is my first post in Nikon forum. A long time lurker here. I am a Nikon and Leica user. The Nikon forum here is the best I can find TBH. A long time Digital Nikon user, I have used D300, D300S, D700, D800E and D810. I will rate color in preference as following...