The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Stocks

Another photo from my Friday night adventure to an overlook above the Virgin River Gorge south of St George, Utah. You have to follow a long and very rough road to get the overlook but the view is amazing. I frequently find color to be a distraction in my night sky astro-landscapes since it's so different from the way I experience the scene in person.

Phase One IQ4150, Cambo tech camera body and Canon 24 TS-E lens. The foreground, middle ground and sky were all photographed separately and blended for the final image. The sky portion was photographed using a astro-tracking mount and is composed of four 2-minute exposures.

IQ4 150MP-P0012699-Sep 12 2020-C1-20 2-9.jpg

dave.gt

Hmmm... not only do you guys have far prettier vegetables than our local grocery store, but apparently you have better balance too! Balanced diet, balance photos, ....:)

Mexecutioner

Love the shot! Might I suggest giving that cut pear a spritz of lemon juice next time to keep it from browning before you can get the shot completed?
Thanks for the tip! I didn’t know that! I’ll try it next time, even though I set up and cut the fruit at the end im certainly not quick enough. The core of those pears is always kinda brown, I may bring back the freshness with some judicious color editing.

docholliday

Thanks for the tip! I didn’t know that! I’ll try it next time, even though I set up and cut the fruit at the end im certainly not quick enough. The core of those pears is always kinda brown, I may bring back the freshness with some judicious color editing.
When I'm doing a client shoot with fruit, I always keep a bottle with lemon juice and another with glycerin around... lemon juice to keep apples, pears, etc. from browning while it oxidizes in the air and a very light, fine mist of glycerin on some to give a more moist appearance to some fruits that tend to look dry. The oxidization can come quickly. I've seen it appear in the time it took to go from cutting board to getting styled on the set! And, it's usually easy to spot as it has more reddish tones than natural colors.

glennedens

Rio Grande Gorge, New Mexico, hand held stitched pano (you can tell) X1Dii + 4/45P. Yikes my first (and very tardy) image post to GetDPI and I've been around for 12 years or so :) What are the file size limitations for posting images (I've tried search and can't find the answer)?

Kind regards, Glenn

B0000724-Pano.jpg

Mexecutioner

Rio Grande Gorge, New Mexico, hand held stitched pano (you can tell) X1Dii + 4/45P. Yikes my first (and very tardy) image post to GetDPI and I've been around for 12 years or so :) What are the file size limitations for posting images (I've tried search and can't find the answer)?

Kind regards, Glenn

View attachment 176123
Not sure, but had to resize the second image on my last post to under 1MB for go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.