The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HASSELBLAD 907x Major connection issues

Godfrey

These issues seem to happening mostly with 907x standard edition cameras, unless I'm not seeing which of the two models people are reporting with. Since the 907x standard edition has only been shipping very recently, t might simply be a case of "first off the line" issues for this initial production run.

Of course, if no one whose camera is exhibiting the issue ever sends it to Hasselblad for analysis, and none of the units Hasselblad tests and analyzes from their current stock exhibits the issue, it will take a very long time for Hasselblad to confirm the problem and come up with a solution.

(When I had the brief kerfuffle with the 907x SE on the initially released firmware, Hasselblad had already said that they'd like to examine my camera to see what the problem was. It was by sheer luck that I happened on the solution the same day I got that message and the problem was solved, and it has not resurfaced. I believe it was a transient issue caused by an incomplete startup initialization of some components of the hardware that I accidentally came up with a simple way to force into a proper initialization. Once initialized, the behavior could not be replicated so there was no point to shipping the camera back to them for analysis, and they agreed.)

G

JAB

I'm currently working with Hasselblad on my "Lens not detected" issue. Hopefully a path will be formed shortly on how to proceed.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
. . . . .

Of course, if no one whose camera is exhibiting the issue ever sends it to Hasselblad for analysis, and none of the units Hasselblad tests and analyzes from their current stock exhibits the issue, it will take a very long time for Hasselblad to confirm the problem and come up with a solution.
. . . . . . . . . . .
Godfrey . You are right . On the other side , I think it is not a very good thing , to know , that my brand new kit will be used as a test vehicle to find a bug .
I will think about it , when HASSELBLAD offers me a substitue .

FloatingLens

Godfrey . You are right . On the other side , I think it is not a very good thing , to know , that my brand new kit will be used as a test vehicle to find a bug .
I will think about it , when HASSELBLAD offers me a substitue .
Just out of curiosity, as you were one of the first few to get your hands on it. Did you get your 907X kit from a local dealership in Germany or online?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Just out of curiosity, as you were one of the first few to get your hands on it. Did you get your 907X kit from a local dealership in Germany or online?
I got the kit from my longtime german dealer . I was the first on the order list .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I am asking because I had no opportunity to properly test the 907X with an XCD lens yet and probably won‘t for another couple of weeks.
I could not properly test either , as my dealer is some 900 km away from my place .
I live in the far southern countryside of Germany and if I would like to look at a FF camera , I will have to travel at least
100 km . For MF and LF equipment even more .

onasj

These issues seem to happening mostly with 907x standard edition cameras, unless I'm not seeing which of the two models people are reporting with. Since the 907x standard edition has only been shipping very recently, t might simply be a case of "first off the line" issues for this initial production run.

I did ship my defective 907x-50c combo back to Hasselblad for their inspection, and I was told they would inspect it to determine the cause of the issue. I'm sure they are aware of the problem and working on a resolution.

PatrickX

Hasselblad exchanged my defective 907x/50c II (standard edition). On first look, the new set seems to be more stable. Knock on wood.

Speaking to the representative, it is clear that they know about the problem with the 907x. He made it clear that the problem is with the 907x and not with the 50c II. He said nothing about percentages of defective units. I got the impression that they have some ideas how to solve the problem but I am not sure if they found already a final solution. Personally, I am still wondering about long term stability.

Godfrey

It's probably an assembly variance that occurred and they'll come up with a fix to the production line as well as a post-assembly fix. That fact that it seems to be the new standard edition models affected means that the changes made for assembling in the larger screen are probably the source of the problem, so it should be relatively easy to determine a fix.

I wouldn't worry about long term stability too much: Hasselblad has been pretty good about these sorts of things and, at least in my experience, has maintained support and service for most of their equipment well beyond most other manufacturers.

• Thanks
Reactions: spb

PSS

I have to say its not much fun to read through this while waiting for my own 907 chrome kit arriving tomorrow.....i bought from hasselblad USA directly and was told mid October, so i am happy it is coming earlier....will report on any issues....i am for now not planning on using it with a 500 body but as a second body with my X1DII...getting the finder on monday, so i hope it will all work out ok....

spb

Staff member
PSS I hope yours arrives fault free and does not exhibit any faults later. I am in the same boat waiting for mine and the grip. I suppose the answer may be to stop reading this thread, say a silent prayer to the Hasselblad team and look forward to the jewel arriving soon......

PSS

Got mine today.....so far no problems with 21, 30, 45 or 90....feels heavier then expected but great in the hand...screen is nicer then expected as well, surprisingly ok in the California sun...i probably won’t get the grip, i do have the X1DII, the 907 might actually replace the 907 for most things....i wish there was a way to assign a button to obtain AF when in manual focus......read through the manual but only reference seems to be for button on the grip....

PSS

Ok, so i just looked at my files and for whatever reason the back started numbering files before 00000 and put the first files in a different folder....so without creating 2 folders on the card i have 2....and without warning the camera put files in different folders.....and yes, cards were formatted in camera ....i guess at least he files are there...
i also feel that metering is not the same as the X1DII...some files look over, some under.....not a big issue, i am sure i can get used to it but not having exposure correction easily available makes things a little more difficult...

spb

Staff member
Uplifting news indeed PSS!

I presume you mean "the 907 might actually replace the 907" - replace the X1DII.......

Very good that the screen is usable in the sun...... not sure I like the sound of "not having exposure correction easily available".

Reactions: PSS

Godfrey

I'm not sure what you mean by "not having exposure correction easily available", PSS. Do you mean EV Compensation? EV Compensation is available by pressing the Shift button and rotating the control dial when shooting, in addition to using the touch screen interface in the shooting menu. A system preference lets you choose whether the EV Compensation you choose with the control dial is reset after each exposure or 'sticks' from exposure to exposure. I have it set to stick because I'm often taking several shots in the same lighting conditions.

G

spb

Staff member
Thank God Godfrey is on the job..... this is how it works on the X1DII, I would not think it would be much different from the 907.