The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the GFX 50R

scho

Beautiful colours, Carl. What adaptor are you using for the 80/2.8?

LouisB
Thanks Louis. I'm using the Fotodiox HB V to GFX adapter. Very solid construction, good fit, both to lens and camera. The built in tripod foot is arca swiss compatible and fits perfectly on my PD travel tripod with no need for an additional adapter plate.

biglouis

Carl, what are the edges of the frame like? I'd love to try the 80/2.8 or even the 100/3.5. My favourite Hass lens was actually the Distagon 50mm but I feel with the GF 50/3.5 I've probably got a better lens.

scho

Carl, what are the edges of the frame like? I'd love to try the 80/2.8 or even the 100/3.5. My favourite Hass lens was actually the Distagon 50mm but I feel with the GF 50/3.5 I've probably got a better lens.
Louis, I haven't looked critically at the edges, but just casual inspection doesn't reveal any issues with either the 80 or 180 that I use the most. My 40 distagon is very sharp on center, but there is some fall off in sharpness towards the edges. I'll try some "brick wall" tests to check this out.

scho

This afternoon we took our annual leaf peeping and apple picking excursion into the hills south of Ithaca near the village of Erin, NY. Near peak foliage color and balmy mild weather. Three shots below from the GFX 50R with GF 50/3.5.

Bixby RD at Stoney Ridge orchard

House of the orchard owner (Herr Heppner), note the inspirational latin phrase on the gate with a small sculpture of his beloved dachshund above.

Another peek of some fall foliage and a few apples. Main orchard on the hill to the left.

scho

Trying another old MF lens on the GFX 50R. This is the Contax C/Y 28/2.8 Zeiss Distagon. It does vignette in the corners so shot in 35mm mode to yield a vignetting free 30MP image file. Very compact little lens on the GFX that produces a sharp image.

Last edited:

diforbes

Trying another old MF lens on the GFX 50R. This is the Contax C/Y 28/2.8 Zeiss Distagon. It does vignette in the corners so shot in 35mm mode to yield a vignetting free 30MP image file. Very compact little lens on the GFX that produces a sharp image.

I'm also using vintage MF lenses on my 50r. I haven't tried 35mm mode but have changed the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 3:2, which seems to reduce vignetting, at least on a 35mm focal length lens.