The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

Election Day 2020. Possibly the last white hybrid tea rose of the season. I have renamed it "Mr. Biden Presidential Hybrid Tea Rose" since I have a few red "Mr. Lincoln" rose bushes already. Why not?:)

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Mr. Biden Rose Bud by Leica S November 2020 FINAL 8x8.jpeg

November 7, 2020 full bloom:
Mr. Biden Rose by Leica S November 2020 FINAL 8x8.jpeg
Apparently, Presidents and celebrities have had roses named after them, some with creative names and amazing colors!:)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Well, now, the Seasons are changing once again. The leaves have changed, with a muted presentation and now, most have fallen to the ground.

Where does one go from here? The old quote of wisdom says what the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls a butterfly.

We shall soon find out.:)

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ah, it bloomed! Beautiful.

Election Day 2020. Possibly the last white hybrid tea rose of the season. I have renamed it "Mr. Biden Presidential Hybrid Tea Rose" since I have a few red "Mr. Lincoln" rose bushes already. Why not?:)

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
View attachment 178453

November 7, 2020 full bloom:
View attachment 178455
Apparently, Presidents and celebrities have had roses named after them, some with creative names and amazing colors!:)

dave.gt

Ah, it bloomed! Beautiful.
Yes, it did! Thanks, Matt... :)

The cooler weather doubled the presentation of the bud and the final bloom time. It was almost too long to keep checking it for more than a week several times each day.:)

As we sat for days from Election Day to the called result of Biden as President-elect, I could not miss the parallel with the arrival of the bud and its final image coincided with both dates, 11/3/20 and 11/7/20.

Like paint drying, both the Election and the white hybrid rose held us in boring suspense. So, I call it the "Mr. Biden Hybrid Tea Rose". On the opposite side of our backyard are the red "Mr. Lincoln Hybrid Tea Roses".

Maybe in the Spring I will order a JFK or Reagan Rose.:)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yes, it did! Thanks, Matt... :)

The cooler weather doubled the presentation of the bud and the final bloom time. It was almost too long to keep checking it for more than a week several times each day.:)

As we sat for days from Election Day to the called result of Biden as President-elect, I could not miss the parallel with the arrival of the bud and its final image coincided with both dates, 11/3/20 and 11/7/20.

Like paint drying, both the Election and the white hybrid rose held us in boring suspense. So, I call it the "Mr. Biden Hybrid Tea Rose". On the opposite side of our backyard are the red "Mr. Lincoln Hybrid Tea Roses".

Maybe in the Spring I will order a JFK or Reagan Rose.:)
To be on the safe side, maybe you should name one of the "Ms. Harris Sunrise" ;)

dave.gt

Oh, my, the pressure is on!:)

Without the ability to leave the house, I will have to be creative! Or... possibly something in the recent archives will do....hmmm.

Thank you for the kind words, Jono!!:):):)

dave.gt

On this day, December 1, 2010, Kurt started this thread. Thank you, Kurt.:)

Little did you know that on the 10th anniversary of this thread, we would be in the midst of a Pandemic and this thread woukd still be meaningful to members and guests on GetDPI. Nor did I ever imagine that I would be posting images using a Leica S.

Because of the Pandemic, the last time we were able to leave home for even an overnight venture, was last November, when we met up with Steven Friedman in Gatlinburg. His work speaks for itself, and we all appreciate his posts and sharing his work with us.

When Jono mentioned (above) that this was the 10th Anniversary of this thread he reminded me of how remarkable it is to find an active thread so old. It is active because the Leica S has much to give us in both results and the experience of using it. Most people who posted in years past have moved on as is common in the digital photography world. Some of us are late-adopters and for good reason.

The Leica S is a wonderful instrument and, with a new sensor, should be around for a long time. The lenses are superb. The results are lovely as this thread has shown.

There is not much more that I can say, let alone share in images. This forum has so many members with extraordinary talent and skills. My meager contributions are simply everyday captures of life as we experience each day. Banal. Irrelevant. Inordinate. And yet, as part of my need for self expression, i always look forward to the next image. The S makes me smile.:)

There is really nothing new today that I can share. But these two images from last November, our last visit to my favorite place on Earth, are filled with memories over the last 60 years of the solace we have found in the Great Smoky Mountains.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Cades Cove Lonely Tree 1 FINAL 20x30 Leica S November 2019.jpeg
Little River 3 Leica S FINAL 8x12 November 2019.jpeg

dave.gt

Jono, I have always loved your images. Even the reviews you have made over the years that I have read always intrigued me because of the images you presented with each camera.

I seem to remember a remarkable chicken somewhere along the way... hmmmm.:) seriously, I have enjoyed them all.

Thank you for your kind comments. They are very much appreciated! When you mentioned I should post something on the 10th anniversary of this thread, I looked behind me as if thinking you were addressing someone else. It is quite a challenge to find anything in my daily life that is remotely of interest to others. But life happens, so I go with it. Not much, granted, but enough to make me happy.

Oh, yes, of course my spirit soars when I see the grand vistas, landscapes, travel images, portraits and astrophotography posted here.:) Seemingly always perfect... breathtaking, and inspiring.

My humble work, however, embodies imperfection and certainly sets me apart. As one, Leonard Cohen (whom I admire very much now more than ever) once wrote, " there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in". I depend on each of you to keep shining your light toward me. It makes me better and happier.

Thank you so much!:)