The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The new Leica Q2 Monochrom

Robert Campbell

Your review makes a good pair with Sean Reid's. I hope you get another Q2M when the plague has passed, or at least lessened sufficiently, so we can see more of what it can achieve in practice; clock faces are all very well, but I prefer to look at real-world images.

jonoslack

Your review makes a good pair with Sean Reid's. I hope you get another Q2M when the plague has passed, or at least lessened sufficiently, so we can see more of what it can achieve in practice; clock faces are all very well, but I prefer to look at real-world images.
Hi There Robert
I think Leica are going to send me another camera, I'm not sure there will be much street, but I think I've done with clock faces for a bit!
All the best

Godfrey

Doing fine here, yeah definitely weird times. Good to see you're well; I hope all of your family and friends are too.

The Q2 Monochrom does seem a peach. If only I hadn't blown the budget on all the other stuff that I've capriciously spent on... ;D

jonoslack

Doing fine here, yeah definitely weird times. Good to see you're well; I hope all of your family and friends are too.

The Q2 Monochrom does seem a peach. If only I hadn't blown the budget on all the other stuff that I've capriciously spent on... ;D
Hi there Godfrey. Good here thank you Sim just got married in China and the rest of us are holed up in the UK
. . . . yes, I have a budget problem too!

algrove

I also use a Phase IQ4150 Achromatic on a technical camera for landscape photography and I finally figured out why I like it so much over anything that has an EVF showing me colors. Both the IQ4150 Achromatic with its LCD and the Q2M with its EVF and LCD show you scenes only in B&W (without color interference) versus switching your eye's view and your mind's vision of a scene from color in the RF on the M10M to B&W on the LCD if you set jpeg to record images in B&W.